2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

3 hours ago, Blitz said:

But changing 6 month old plans based on a crappy forecast is like cashing in your retirement based on the recommendation of Dr. Phil.

I guess a lot of folks around here would cash in their retirement based on Dr. Phil then. You’ve been around here longer than I have, but I’ve rode more than 1 epic ride where folks bailed based on the forecast. 

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Perfect weather = great riding and hanging with my friends.  Crappy weather = talking about great riding and hanging with my friends.  Neither of which involve work.  Sounds like a perfect vacation to me.

I don’t need perfect weather buddy, just decent. When I go on trips like this I’m all about riding. I don’t mind hanging out talking for a little while, but remember I’m a math teacher. Read-social skills are subpar. I struggle just sitting around too. I’ll give it another day and see what it looks like. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Danimal said:

“We getting “

Jesus. I thought you were like a Doctor or some shit like that. Educated and all....

Knowing Doc, he probably hasn't slept in a week in anticipation.  He's doing the best he can, cut a guy a break!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

I guess a lot of folks around here would cash in their retirement based on Dr. Phil then. You’ve been around here longer than I have, but I’ve rode more than 1 epic ride where folks bailed based on the forecast. 

I don’t need perfect weather buddy, just decent. When I go on trips like this I’m all about riding. I don’t mind hanging out talking for a little while, but remember I’m a math teacher. Read-social skills are subpar. I struggle just sitting around too. I’ll give it another day and see what it looks like. 

Just so there is no misunderstanding later if you bail, which I would totally understand, and the weather is nice I will be texting you pics of the weather, views, bikes, roads and so on.

1 hour ago, durk said:

I’ve bailed on epic rides cause of weather the day of. I’ve also seen epic rides cancelled 36 hours beforehand due to the forecast and the weather was fine.

All I can say is in a 5 day trip, we are almost guaranteed to get wet...but also will definitely get plenty of good riding in. The ratio matters and hopefully it’s much more of the latter. But I’m fairly sure it’s going to be a good trip no matter what.

Edited by Blitz
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Blitz said:

All I can say is in a 5 day trip, we are almost guaranteed to get wet...but also will definitely get plenty of good riding in. 

In my experience this is true for the Deals Gap area.  The popup storms typically aren't huge and with a little route planning you can mostly ride around them.

Rain or shine I'll go out riding. My leathers have been swimming at the track, quite literally. Some big puddles to slide into when you crash in rain races :D

The only thing that would keep me from riding would be torrential downpours, as my airbox is no longer an airbox and I'm not 100% sure of the water-resistance on the pod filter I have attached directly to the intake. 

Edited by what

6 hours ago, Danimal said:

“We getting “

Jesus. I thought you were like a Doctor or some shit like that. Educated and all....

My friend Danimal, it seems like all you do when logging in from remote parts of the world is to post a genuine update about your trip and to just shit on everything I post or just generally poke fun of something silly. I don’t know what I have done to you and honestly at this point I don’t care. I am not perfect and I am just an average rider who probably doesn’t measure up to the globe trotting skills of yours. So brother with all due respect just let me be. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

My friend Danimal, it seems like all you do when logging in from remote parts of the world is to post a genuine update about your trip and to just shit on everything I post or just generally poke fun of something silly. I don’t know what I have done to you and honestly at this point I don’t care. I am not perfect and I am just an average rider who probably doesn’t measure up to the globe trotting skills of yours. So brother with all due respect just let me be. 

I can guarantee Dan never post ANYTHING with any malicious intent. We all dish out a lot of sarcasm and stick poking around here to each other. NOONE is an exception. I bet if you search the term "thick skin" on O.R. you will find hundreds of entries that you have to have it to be on here.

I'm ready!!!! Everything is loaded and just need to mow the yard tomorrow. I am indeed bringing the Connie and will be headed to the Outerbanks sunday after check out. 

This is my final thing to finish my trip prep...

Capture.PNG.7d934a2a7b8d6fe992c7cb7ec7d2e878.PNG

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I can guarantee Dan never post ANYTHING with any malicious intent. We all dish out a lot of sarcasm and stick poking around here to each other. NOONE is an exception. I bet if you search the term "thick skin" on O.R. you will find hundreds of entries that you have to have it to be on here.

I am sorry Tim and Dan, just nerves. Yes I been long enough here and literally met everyone in person as well. Possibly I am mostly The target rather than the guy dishing it out at a ratio of 95 to 5. Have you seen me call out any one in the last decade I been here. Sometimes you just perceive more negativity than fun. ESP When Multiple instances add up back to back. It just might be me, I  felt it thought I would ask to clear the air if any, that’s all. 

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

Just so there is no misunderstanding later if you bail, which I would totally understand, and the weather is nice I will be texting you pics of the weather, views, bikes, roads and so on.

I wouldn’t expect anything different. If I go and we get dumped on I’ll be the first to tell you I told you so. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

I am sorry Tim and Dan, just nerves. Yes I been long enough here and literally met everyone in person as well. Possibly I am mostly The target rather than the guy dishing it out at a ratio of 95 to 5. Have you seen me call out any one in the last decade I been here. Sometimes you just perceive more negativity than fun. ESP When Multiple instances add up back to back. It just might be me, I  felt it thought I would ask to clear the air if any, that’s all. 

Rip me a new one Dr Bubby, it will make you feel better.  Bring it on, I can take it!

im just glad you have a bike and are coming down with us. Gonna be a blast!

Edited by max power
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, max power said:

Rip me a new one Dr Bubby, it will make you feel better.  Bring it on, I can take it!

Me too Yamaha Doc. Let ‘er rip. Typos or not, you can ride with me any time. Glad you’ll be down there with us!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Oh, and I'm bringing a Grom also.  Fresh rubber on Izzy and the borrowed Grom.  Gonna be fuuuuun!

20190603_214025.jpg

Whoever can guess what the blue text says on that front fender wins a prize. 

If you know from having seen the bike you are disqualified.

Also, stop fighting with your internet words and start fighting with your chicken strips you fucks. It's summer. 

Edited by what

8 minutes ago, what said:

Whoever can guess what the blue text says on that front fender wins a prize. 

If you know from having seen the bike you are disqualified.

Also, stop fighting with your internet words and start fighting with your chicken strips you fucks. It's summer. 

"I Eat Ass"

• Beer 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, max power said:

44 minutes ago, Blitz said:

Me too Yamaha Doc. Let ‘er rip. Typos or not, you can ride with me any time. Glad you’ll be down there with us!

:) ty guys. Me too happy and excited to be riding and doing an actual trip again. Prolly too excited and not sleeping and cranky. 

You guys missing the whole point, I don’t want to dish out or do tit for tat or anything, I am not offended by poking fun at typos and grammar etc, those are all inconsequential. I was Wondering if we were having some issues which I never realized. I was just starting to watch the last few days of posts and realized literally every post had some thing like this going on lol, anyways it’s my bad. I shouldn’t have reacted like that. Leave it. 

At least Packing over. Suspension adjusted for all the added weight. Almost as heavy as having a pillion lol  Feel better now. Literally packed half the house onto the back of bike. Wish I could just think positive and confident that I don’t need certain things. Huge can of chain cleaner and QD  and other crap, I dont know why I am packing it . Next phase of loosing control is when getting rained on 12 hours a day for the next 5 days straight 🤣

Well I can testify that dano ain’t nothing but a big ol buttery ball of love and means you 0 harm.  He is literally one of the nicest, happiest and probably craziest dudes left on this desolate outpost of the internets.  

Speaking of weather, if you can get down here to my place on Wednesday night, I think we might be able to squeeze you onto the trailer.  Any idea how long that yammer is?

im guessing you are planning to ride down?

Edited by max power

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I was Wondering if we were having some issues which I never realized. 

I can tell you I'm 100% sure that wasn't the case before your post. 

Edited by 2talltim

1 minute ago, Pauly said:

Nivin isn't coming. 

Well that sucks. Only reason I am going is because he contacted me and wanted to go down with me. True story, I wasn't going to do this trip.