2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

22 minutes ago, max power said:

Why would you give a shit what anyone thinks about you trailering your bike down?   Jesus that shit is stupid.  

It reminds me of Harley bubbys trying to tell you not to wear a helmet because it will rip your head off in a crash. 

I really don't. It actually bothers me personally more than what i care what others think..lol. not even sure why I care.

2b Trailer Connie You can rip solo or 2 up all boxes ticked. 

Dont worry about weather, we just going to have good time on cloudy overcast days that’s all

Edited by NinjaDoc

Welp the wife has made part of the decision. She said if she goes for a ride she wants to be able to look around at the scenery on the back she said she can't do that riding her own. So one bike it is. The trailer has been brought down out of storage. Now we went fo a short ride up the road and back on the Z. Her words not mine "this isn't too bad"..lol Still leaning towards the connie but not 100% yet. 

Another reason for the connie is i might still be headed to the outer banks with my dads family for few days after and the wifey cant go. So that will give me the connie to ride there.

20190602_145723.jpg

What if it rains? Let’s pack some rain gear, what is it’s too cold in morning, let’s pack some heated gear, what about this what if that happens, okay let’s pack this that and of course the other as well. 

So so much for minimalist packing, need tail bag 🤣

• Confused 1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, 2talltim said:

I've never needed to be welcome to join in. Only required to be the butt of the jokes and everything has worked out well for me. 

Shit bubby, we’re all the but of jokes at one time or another and you’ve been a bubby from day one.  

• Beer 1

If the forecast does not come around I may bail on this trip. I have lots of vacation days coming that I can use on better days than what they’re forecasting right now. 

5 minutes ago, durk said:

If the forecast does not come around I may bail on this trip. I have lots of vacation days coming that I can use on better days than what they’re forecasting right now. 

Its the same forcast every year down there. It's the mountains. It rains in the mountains. Usually down there the way is works is one of two ways. If you get up in the morning and it raining it usally clears up by noon and the rest of the day is fine. If you do get storms in the afternoon they blow though in less than a hour.

I understand the mountain forecast. It’s the getting there part right now that sucks too. Wednesday is forecasted for 80% rain/thunderstorms for my whole trip. 10-11 hours on a supersport is a task as it is, throw in rain and it’s no bueno. I’ll wait to see what develops tomorrow. Hopefully it changes to storms overnight. 

I don't get Wednesdays forecast, for example Charleston WV. It shows an 85 percent chance of thunderstorms. But if you look at the morning forecast it is 55 percent, afternoon 60 percent evening 50 percent. How does that add up to 85 percent?

Fuck the weatherman.

24 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I don't get Wednesdays forecast, for example Charleston WV. It shows an 85 percent chance of thunderstorms. But if you look at the morning forecast it is 55 percent, afternoon 60 percent evening 50 percent. How does that add up to 85 percent?

Fuck the weatherman.

Yea that totally adds up to 165% chance. What are they thinking :rolleyes:

:lol: 

• Haha 2

But to be quite honest,  we might get wet a bit but not drenched and mostly we will be riding through dry roads. 

We getting the outer fling from the craptastic down pour in plains and south forecaster sort of over predict most times. So we might be lucky after all. 

804E1142-00A5-4EBA-9759-2B656DA11044.png

10 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yup, time to see if it was you or The Whale that created the phenomenon.

It's me. John and I went to OBW Saturday. 85 percent chance of severe thunderstorms with hail forecast for the afternoon. We were there all afternoon, it was perfect. SHTF 30 minutes after we left.

This time of year, especially in the mountains, all weather forecasters can do is throw a dart at a board with numbers between 5 and 100 and roll with where they land. It's the summer, it's humid.....it will rain. Any more precision than that isn't possible.

I will say.....last year was a sucky, wet mess. Just hoping we avoid it this year. But changing 6 month old plans based on a crappy forecast is like cashing in your retirement based on the recommendation of Dr. Phil.

• Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Perfect weather = great riding and hanging with my friends.  Crappy weather = talking about great riding and hanging with my friends.  Neither of which involve work.  Sounds like a perfect vacation to me.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Perfect weather = great riding and hanging with my friends.  Crappy weather = talking about great riding and hanging with my friends.  Neither of which involve work.  Sounds like a perfect vacation to me.

Crappy weather equals good reason to day drink

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blitz said:

This time of year, especially in the mountains, all weather forecasters can do is throw a dart at a board with numbers between 5 and 100 and roll with where they land. It's the summer, it's humid.....it will rain. Any more precision than that isn't possible.

I will say.....last year was a sucky, wet mess. Just hoping we avoid it this year. But changing 6 month old plans based on a crappy forecast is like cashing in your retirement based on the recommendation of Dr. Phil.

Last time we changed our route to avoid a storm on radar that never came.

You're better off watching the sky than the forecast.

• Like 1