2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

Great, once the stock ones are done I might try those. I don’t plan to be riding aggressive on road any more and want to occasionally try to go through fire roads and light off roads just to get to a spot for good pics etc. Not yet ready for full on off road more yet. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You will sell it and get something else before it needs tires.

Nah, all these years  it was the love for motorcycling and wanting to try different types of engines and curiosity about machines that made me keep looking for different one. This time just got this one to remain part of the community and almost feels like a midlife crisis purchase  like most HD folks do. I likely will only have 3-4k miles and still on stock tires next year.  :)  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Nah, all these years  it was the love for motorcycling and wanting to try different types of engines and curiosity about machines that made me keep looking for different one. This time just got this one to remain part of the community and almost feels like a midlife crisis purchase  like most HD folks do. I likely will only have 3-4k miles and still on stock tires next year.  :)  

At least you have a nice machine sitting there ready for your escape if even around the block. I sometimes come home, hop on the bike and ride a 5 mile loop, hop off and get busy on chores.  Just get out when you can.  

What tires came on it stock?

• Upvote 1

You are what you eat :)

I might delay my surgery since my insurance will be moving over to COBRA for awhile and I likely will not have the paperwork and have it in place in time for an early June surgery. I'm waiting to hear from the doc for his advice.

Joe:  Don't listen to your surgeon so much as you own intuition.  Case in point, I was ridin' dirty down in KY in DBNF with some of the 'younger' CCR guys last April.  Got into some gnarly single-track, I was already tired (old guy here), fell and tore all the tendons in my right kneecap/patella ( confirmed by MRI).  Ortho guy said I had to get into surgery within 7-10 days--only problem was that I was less than 2 weeks out from a planned trip out west with several buds, one from Cinti and one meeting up with in Dallas and a couple more in NM.  So I told him to put his knife on hold, headed west and did a 5800 mile trip across west TX, NM, AZ, NV to the Cali border, then split with the western folk and my buddy and I rode back east across southern UT and CO and then home.  It wasn't the most comfortable ride I've taken, but with 1200-1600 mg ibuprofen a day and a few cold beers every night, it worked out fine and I had an absolute blast!!!

When I got home, it was spring and yard work called--grass cutting and maintenance on 9 acres--and I couldn't take the time off to do the fix plus 4 months rehab, so I never went back to the surgeon.  Still have some issues--can't kneel in church very well and don't squat to clean the shower anymore--but I do ok for a 1-legged old guy whose professional sports career was over long time ago....LOL  Not advocating you follow my medical advice since you're considerably younger than me and you might want to have some working joints going into your golden years, but if the pain doesn't cause you to curtail mild activities and you feel the knee doesn't create an additional safety issue when riding, I say go for it.

Edited by Bubba

It was more his opinion on the insurance situation. It's a moot point now...I extended my employment to June 3 which means I'm covered by insurance the entire month of June so surgery is back on for 6/5. Looks like another fall trip @Tonik

Oh, someone better post pics of the sparks coming of his new wing in the twisties.

On 4/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, max power said:

At least you have a nice machine sitting there ready for your escape if even around the block. I sometimes come home, hop on the bike and ride a 5 mile loop, hop off and get busy on chores.  Just get out when you can.  

What tires came on it stock?

Some Dunlop crap, many folks been switching it outright. I am gonna run it as much as possible before gap trip and possible change right before. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 9:05 AM, NinjaDoc said:

Nice, will get to meet namdum, never met him before

updated list

@max power (+1)

@2talltim

@MidgetTodd

@marlboro man

@what

@jacobhawkins

@kbrok

@B-Mac

@Tonik

@Pauly (+1)

@theroamr

@Howabusa

@NinjaDoc

@SherBear2bliss

@Gump

@Blitz

@Namdum68

@namdumSIL(Michael) 

@chuck (not on forum)

@rawlins87

@Dying Shadow

Maybe 

@durk

@Tpoppa

@Uncle Punk

@DerekClouser

@ScubaCinci

maaaay beeee

@Helmutt

@snot

few more “maybes” confirm by May and the gap will be buckeyed in June :D 

This list still current? Chime in if your on it and shouldn't be or vise versa.

Edited by 2talltim