2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

9 minutes ago, what said:

Would be pretty hard to get one on a Grom. I would probably frame it as an achievement. 

That trooper told me and @JustinNck1 that the crack down has just begun. Locals are tired of loud pipes and the speeders. Said they are going to be doing more patroling and even doing check points on the weekends checking equipment, license and safety.

Ill take my tourism money else wear. Was i on the wrong? yes,  but seems like it's only going to get worse. Aka "the dragon" type patrols.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

That trooper told me and @JustinNck1 that the crack down has just begun. Locals are tired of loud pipes and the speeders. Said they are going to be doing more patroling and even doing check points on the weekends checking equipment, license and safety.

Ill take my tourism money else wear. Was i on the wrong? yes,  but seems like it's only going to get worse. Aka "the dragon" type patrols.

They are pretty relaxed on the dragon, honestly. I've passed them going 45 before knee down and they didn't give a shit. If you cross yellow or are being dangerous, they will throw the book at you though.

If that's true about GA then Blood Mountain is going to be a real shit show the way people ride up through there. I doubt the back roads will be bothered with much though, not enough $$ for manpower. 

Edited by what

10 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

No one ever go's the last day. Do they? :dunno:

It’s not the last day for students. It’s the last day for teachers. I make an appearance then sort of disappear, but I have to show up and wrap the year up. 

19 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Don’t even ask about me Dick....errr I mean Doc

looks like I’ll be in Mexico by June, so it’ll have to be the next time for me folks. Have fun

Hahaha sorry Dan, I didn’t even realize you were planning to hit the road in these area again. In my mind you never gonna hit the tarmac here or in deals gap area and most likely out of US altogether. 

Seems like people are gonna be staying different locations based on good deal they can find. There is no base camp in one location if I assume right?  There are lot of B roads in the gap area too that are not monitored. I think it’s worth the trip down there if you get 3-4day off days. Variety is the spice of roads in Moto cuisine. WV and SEO roads we can do any solo days/ or weekend 2day schedule. And yes they are equally impressive. In fact the ride down and back from gap is well worth the trip. 

2 hours ago, thompsonian said:

We shall see. With the new house, my budget is tight as a banjo string. And I'm still trying to figure out the cause of my dizzy spell last June. But I'm hopeful to be on the bike more this season.

Was it while in gap trip? While riding? 

Edited by NinjaDoc

Is there a big enough place where we can all get together for lunch or dinner Saturday? Saturday seems to be the day that almost all the folks are there. 

@snot  @Helmutt any way u guys can make it there by weekend ahead? 

At Fontana, Do you think they will will allow outsiders to hang around in camp fire and stuff with the few folks that already booked there?

Edited by NinjaDoc

4 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Is there a big enough place where we can all get together for lunch or dinner Saturday? Saturday seems to be the day that almost all the folks are there. 

@snot  @Helmutt any way u guys can make it there by weekend ahead? 

At Fontana, Do you think they will will allow outsiders to hang around in camp fire and stuff with the few folks that already booked there?

Yes and yes.

• Upvote 2