2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

We are spending some time apart and seeing other people. ;) 

He might join but with the new job he can't commit to anything. @JustinNck1

Yeah, work has really put a damper on my vacation planning...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Details? 

Hoping to get $5500 from CL/FBMP, realistically looking for around 5. May work a deal if an established forum member is interested. I don't want to go a whole lot lower though, especially with spring right around the corner. 

bike is...

Edited by what

5 hours ago, what said:

I don't plan to just stay on the dragon. I won't be doing the 400 mile loop down in to GA on the Grom but anything else is fair game. I want to go back to that BBQ place in Gatlinburg for sure. Looks like a good bit of fun roads to the NE of the gap/Gatlinburg as well. I'm down to just explore this year. 

Your motowife not going with you?

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

We are spending some time apart and seeing other people. ;) 

He might join but with the new job he can't commit to anything. @JustinNck1

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah, work has really put a damper on my vacation planning...

What he means is Justin got him a girlfriend.  His bikes will be for sale soon....

Just got a response - I'm going to guess with the seemingly limited attendance this year we won't be able to get a group rate. We would need to reserve 5 or more cabins or 10 or more lodge rooms in order to qualify for a group rate and a contract would been to be signed. 

I will be booking a cabin for myself and my group at Fontana. I'm going to try to get one of the cabins we usually grab but I will post up the cabin number once I book in case anyone else wants to try to book one nearby. 

• Upvote 1

Booked our cabin today - looks like $136/night for a 1 queen 2 twin Hemlock. Comes out to about $105/person for the whole stay with 4 people in the cabin. 

PM me for my cabin number - I booked one of the ones we usually get. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Submitted vacation request for the same weekend.+ few extra days.  Hopefully it gets approved. 

subscribed 

This is the best post this year.  Can't wait to ride with you again!  My first time to the Gap with OR folks, gonna be great.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

This is the best post this year.  Can't wait to ride with you again!  My first time to the Gap with OR folks, gonna be great.

Technically, it will be the first for me too if off dates gets approved. June is always busy time with many folks requesting off same time. The best I came close to just overlapping for one day with OR 

looks like most of the usual suspects are coming or most likely coming. :) Hoping Pauly and @Tpoppa @Howabusa roamer decides to ride down at the last minute. @JustinNck1 @2talltim Hopefully they will jump in last minute as well. 

@hellmutt @snot what about you guys? 

@what needs to bring the st3 on top of the punk fun. @TimTheAzn do you still have a street bike? 

What about @Casper @cmh_sprint @OsuMj Marlboro man ? 

Edited by NinjaDoc

10 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

looks like most of the usual suspects are coming or most likely coming. :) Hoping Pauly and tpoppa decides to ride down at the last minute. @JustinNck1 @2talltim Hopefully they will jump in last minute as well. 

I should be there pending vacation approval. @max power is putting together a bubby cabin. Should be 4 -6 of us.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Technically, it will be the first for me too if off dates gets approved. June is always busy time with many folks requesting off same time. The best I came close to just overlapping for one day with OR 

looks like most of the usual suspects are coming or most likely coming. :) Hoping Pauly and @Tpoppa @Howabusa roamer decides to ride down at the last minute. @JustinNck1 @2talltim Hopefully they will jump in last minute as well. 

@what needs to bring the st3 on top of the punk fun. @TimTheAzn do you still have a street bike? 

I have a grom. So not really.:lol:

4 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

There will be a few of us with only Groms I think. You're welcome to try to keep up through the tight stuff 🤣

New cam and valve springs ordered Saturday, my Grom should be around 14 whole horsepowers after Kerr ports it. 

Edited by what

1 minute ago, what said:

There will be a few of us with only Groms I think. You're welcome to try to keep up through the tight stuff 🤣

No way without at least around  30 to 40% straights or sweepers. But you guys will be just in the gap all the time and not running the other good stuff. 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

No way without at least around  30 to 40% straights or sweepers. But you guys will be just in the gap all the time and not running the other good stuff. 

Nah I plan to explore this year. I won't be running the GA loop but everything else is fair game. 

On 2/10/2019 at 12:45 AM, NinjaDoc said:

Submitted vacation request for the same weekend.+ few extra days.  Hopefully it gets approved. 

subscribed 

Great Doc, I hope I can show you some great ADV routes down near the gap. O-Shit, Waite, You did not buy a new V-Strom did you.  ;)

Had to have that cruze control.:(

• Haha 1