2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

38 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I plan to be there June 6-9. Fontana sounds great.

This is starting to sound official now

. "Max Power" are you bringing your better half or just two motorcycles? would you be interested in doing a day or two of ADV stuff?

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

This is starting to sound official now

. "Max Power" are you bringing your better half or just two motorcycles? would you be interested in doing a day or two of ADV stuff?

Not sure yet.  Not even sure if I’ll have the fz or a ST by then.  Wife will probably go.  She had a good time last year.  

I'm just excited to get my (by then, hopefully around 14hp) Grom down in the tight twisties. I should have a few race weekend under my belt on the bike by then so I should be pretty comfortable on it. 

2 things left to do on it... Probably going to get it ported by Kerr and I might as well swap in a more aggressive cam while the top end is apart anyway. 

"Cheap build" is out the window at this point, lol...

Edited by what

1 minute ago, what said:

I'm just excited to get my (by then, hopefully around 14hp) Grom down in the tight twisties. I should have a few race weekend under my belt on the bike by then so I should be pretty comfortable on it. 

Is the grom the only bike your taking down?

8 hours ago, max power said:

How much is a lodge room?

Just got my conformation. I don't know if this is with the 15% discount they offer for Military. If we arrived at the same time we could SWAP wives at check in since mine is also retired military. I will need her back in good shape when we get to our rooms.😎

Arrival: Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:00pm

Departure: Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:00am

Nights: 3

Room Type Requested:L1K  Lodge Room 1 King Bed

Total Room Before Amount Before Tax:$322.15

Total With Taxes: $363.21

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Is the grom the only bike your taking down?

Yes. The Triumph is going away soon and I don't have any other street legal bikes right now. 

Edited by what

13 hours ago, what said:

Yes. The Triumph is going away soon and I don't have any other street legal bikes right now. 

Damn, almost want to go now. Idk if I would get bored only rolling the Dragon though.

Edited by TimTheAzn

I'm planning on going the 6th-9th (pending vacay approval) I'm game for a cabin or split a room or just going on my own and doing a bunk at the Iron Horse. I don't really care. Not sure if i'll be riding the couch or trailering the Z. 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Damn, almost want to go now. Idk if I would get bored only rolling the Dragon though.

I don't plan to just stay on the dragon. I won't be doing the 400 mile loop down in to GA on the Grom but anything else is fair game. I want to go back to that BBQ place in Gatlinburg for sure. Looks like a good bit of fun roads to the NE of the gap/Gatlinburg as well. I'm down to just explore this year. 

22 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'm planning on going the 6th-9th (pending vacay approval) I'm game for a cabin or split a room or just going on my own and doing a bunk at the Iron Horse. I don't really care. Not sure if i'll be riding the couch or trailering the Z. 

Your motowife not going with you?

Edited by what

1 hour ago, what said:

Your motowife not going with you?

21 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Please tell me you mean Justin :lol:

We are spending some time apart and seeing other people. ;) 

He might join but with the new job he can't commit to anything. @JustinNck1

• Haha 3