2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

On 12/26/2018 at 10:16 AM, Pauly said:

I also liked the cabins at Dragons Rest, in Robbinsville. Quiet and closer to better food than the gap store.

those were indeed pretty nice. Have you seen the video of the owner lady going straight crazy on a group a couple months back? I had to laugh since when we were there it was a great little place. That pizza joint down the road was pretty terrible though, girl working was nice though

Just now, Bad324 said:

those were indeed pretty nice. Have you seen the video of the owner lady going straight crazy on a group a couple months back? I had to laugh since when we were there it was a great little place. That pizza joint down the road was pretty terrible though, girl working was nice though

"Southern Christian Woman Loses Her Mind" is not a deal breaker for me. I bet there is more to her story than we got to see. Either way, still convenient and decently priced. I like the seclusion and access to Bojangles and the pizza joint girl. I think her name was "Slaussez"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pauly said:

"Southern Christian Woman Loses Her Mind" is not a deal breaker for me. I bet there is more to her story than we got to see. Either way, still convenient and decently priced. I like the seclusion and access to Bojangles and the pizza joint girl. I think her name was "Slaussez"

oh shit there is a bojangles now? Was that there back then what like 9 years ago

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on my work situation (I'll likely be saying buh-bye in a few months), I may join in but I won't know anything for sure for a few months. So, if I'm able to go, any dates in June will work for me except the very first weekend because I'll be en route back from the Galapagos.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this seems to have died on the vine, so is anyone interested in kicking it old school, first weekend in June at Fontana?

If we can get enough commitments I’ll try to reserve a block of cabins.  

Post up if interested. 

9 hours ago, max power said:

Well this seems to have died on the vine, so is anyone interested in kicking it old school, first weekend in June at Fontana?

If we can get enough commitments I’ll try to reserve a block of cabins.  

Post up if interested. 

You talking the weekend of the 8th/9th? 

I was thinking of staying in Townsend again because of the location of the mini thing (drag strip about 1.5 hours from Townsend, 2.5-3 hours from Fontana) but I'm not opposed to swinging by to say hello. 

1 hour ago, bowdog said:

I may be interested in hauling the camper down as well, was the camping place pretty decent?

The motel was OK but that town was nearly 2 hours from the gap and there were really no other roads to ride without going thru there via foothills.  

The location frankly sucked in my opinion.

Ive been looking at places on 28 or Fontana or Robbinsville. I personally never had a problem with Fontana besides them having the refrigerator turned off when we arrived. 

1 minute ago, max power said:

The motel was OK but that town was nearly 2 hours from the gap and there were really no other roads to ride without going thru there via foothills.  

Ive been looking at places on 28 or Fontana or Robbinsville. I personally never had a problem with Fontana besides them having the refrigerator turned off when we arrived. 

The campground was a good 10 minutes away. Kind of sucked for a few of us.

But otherwise Fontana was fine for me. Camping was damn cheap.

On 1/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, max power said:

Bullshit it’s 45 mins to the gap on a slow fucking grom.

• Upvote 2

Some friends and I are going to be there June 2nd-7th. We booked an AirBnB place in Madisonville. The process for those are pretty good if you guys want another option. There are 7 of us staying there we have a garage and its only going to be $125 a person for the whole stay. I prefer Robinsville but the place were staying is worth the longer drive. We've had a good time at the two wheel inn as well. 

If the trip dates overlap maybe I'll swing by to say hello.