2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

2 hours ago, bowdog said:

thread jack but what all do you have done to her? I am thinking about making some winter upgrades to mine.

Not much, truthfully, just dotting all i's and crossing all t's. 

Full build will be:

Racetech springs + heavier fork oil in forks
YSS stage 2 rear shock
Easily removable number plate (eventually with LED blinker strips and a small removable LED headlight)
Shorter, thinner bars
Kenda Kwik KD-1 tires
Lever guards/moose hand guards, not sure which way I want to go here yet.. I would swap the hand guards over to the CBR when tracking that
Ram air
------------
Thinking of possibly doing a clutch cover swap as well. There's an aftermarket clutch case cover that eliminates the oil flinger and lets you install a paper oil filter, it also has a glass viewport with a full oil indicator so no more dipstick. The biggest benefit to this would be eliminating the flinger though, that's like 5lbs of spinning mass gone. 
If I do the clutch case I would also swap out the stock clutch springs for stiffer aftermarket springs. I may do this anyway though, I just need to feel how well it grabs while racing. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Just talked to the (I'm guessing) owner and he will have more in stock next week. Merry Christmas to me I guess. Seems these make a little more power than chimera, thanks. 

Edited by what

3 hours ago, what said:

Just talked to the (I'm guessing) owner and he will have more in stock next week. Merry Christmas to me I guess. Seems these make a little more power than chimera, thanks. 

Better than Chimera in every way. And what every Grom on the WERA grid runs

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, what said:

Not much, truthfully, just dotting all i's and crossing all t's. 

Full build will be:

Racetech springs + heavier fork oil in forks
YSS stage 2 rear shock
Easily removable number plate (eventually with LED blinker strips and a small removable LED headlight)
Shorter, thinner bars
Kenda Kwik KD-1 tires
Lever guards/moose hand guards, not sure which way I want to go here yet.. I would swap the hand guards over to the CBR when tracking that
Ram air
------------
Thinking of possibly doing a clutch cover swap as well. There's an aftermarket clutch case cover that eliminates the oil flinger and lets you install a paper oil filter, it also has a glass viewport with a full oil indicator so no more dipstick. The biggest benefit to this would be eliminating the flinger though, that's like 5lbs of spinning mass gone. 
If I do the clutch case I would also swap out the stock clutch springs for stiffer aftermarket springs. I may do this anyway though, I just need to feel how well it grabs while racing. 

Also need to add some protection for the exhaust.  That low mount thing is going to get ripped right off on the first right hand low side.

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Also need to add some protection for the exhaust.  That low mount thing is going to get ripped right off on the first right hand low side.

Ah, yeah. I may just remount the stock high exhaust. 

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

I have been thinking about reviving the old CORE board on Facebook. Maybe it’s time. Unfortunately I am not a puter geek. I am just not sure what the hell has happened to OR!

Probably be easier to volunteer to plan this trip. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Casper said:

Probably be easier to volunteer to plan this trip. 

I don’t understand why you aren’t planning it! The rally last year was cool. It was a nice hotel, lots of good riding and good times around the fire at night. You talked about finding somewhere different for this year. Now you are out? 

1 minute ago, Howabusa said:

I don’t understand why you aren’t planning it! The rally last year was cool. It was a nice hotel, lots of good riding and good times around the fire at night. You talked about finding somewhere different for this year. Now you are out? 

Ben doesn't owe anyone an answer outside of "no".

I am looking at accommodations right now for myself. I am going next year, with our without OhioRiders. I have no idea what dates I can go, but I really liked Townsend. I am planning on staying near there, again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Ben doesn't owe anyone an answer outside of "no".

I am looking at accommodations right now for myself. I am going next year, with our without OhioRiders. I have no idea what dates I can go, but I really liked Townsend. I am planning on staying near there, again. 

That’s true, he doesn’t owe anyone an explanation. I tend to run my stupid mouth and let everybody know my business. That’s just the way I am.