700x32 tire recommendations

Helmutt

Wife and I have worn out our OEM tires and we're looking for something similar to Conti Gatorskins ( some puncture resistance ) since our city bike path tends to offer random glass shards from local, ill-behaved, non-cycling fucks.   Any insight on these tires, or other brands/models that you cyclists are liking better?   I'd like to stick with OEM width.  Nothing too soft since we rarely ride in the rain, want some longevity, and only asphalt path rides. 

Why not Gatorskins? They are available in 700x32.

Personally I prefer a little wider. I usually run 38-42mm on my gravel bike. Compass tires are really light and fast and comfortable in those wider sizes but not the most durable. 

Schwalbe tires have always been very tough for me. Marathon Racer or Marathon Supreme are in the right size range. Durano would also work. Schwalbes are a little expensive though. 

We planned to go with the Gatorskins, but without any prior experience with them I just wanted to make sure we're not setting ourselves up for failure.   Just wanted input from those who've run them before and get some real world feedback about them or similar brands

On 12/2/2018 at 2:42 PM, Helmutt said:

We planned to go with the Gatorskins, but without any prior experience with them I just wanted to make sure we're not setting ourselves up for failure.   Just wanted input from those who've run them before and get some real world feedback about them or similar brands

Gatorskins are a good tire for what you say you want. Durable long lasting and puncture resistant. I ran them for a few years commuting and a coworker has done the same. Both of ours are/were the 28mm version. I think the Schwalbes were a little better in the wet but I had them on a different bike in wider width.