Who has edc experience with LCP?

max power

Looking at picking up an LCP for extreme concealment since the j frame prints in my pocket and is wearing holes in my jeans.  

I know it’s only .380 and lousy trigger etc but it’s dirt cheap and very concealable. I need something very small since I’ve stopped carrying the j on the daily.   

Who has everyday experience?  Pros/cons?

I carry my LCP 2 all day every day and into many places that printing would be a problem... Conceals super well on a neoprene ankle holster... I don't like ankle carry but it's better than no carry.... Pocket carry prints even with the small LCP, so I avoid it... It's quickly become  one of my favorite firearms because I can take it places that even my subcompact hk feels too big for... Plus, it weighs nothing so I can throw it AIWB with basketball shorts when im just out dressed like a bum or doing stuff around the house etc.... And they're fucking cheap, so why not 

Here's the holster I use... I went through a couple before finding a comfortable one 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0181JF95C?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 1

I have an LCP that I carry almost every day.   Pocket holster or in an ankle holster. Fits in pockets great.

I bought a stainless guide rod and a 13 pound spring.  Much better to shoot that the stock guide and the 9 pound spring..

Put a Hogue grip on it and get a few extra 7 round mags.   

• Upvote 2

On 11/15/2018 at 11:00 AM, Steve Butters said:

Also.... The LCP2 has a nice reworked trigger... It feels good to me.. Little snappy but I added a hogue grip and it shoots fine now 

So you have both?  What are the difference between the two?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Almost bought an LCP II at Vances last night but all they had left was the display unit and wouldn’t come down on price. Don’t really want the piece that everyone has fingered.   Might say screw it and have the $170 original style unit on Palmetto State Armory shipped to da midget.  

Back when it first came out my cousin bought an LCP. I bought a Taurus TCP. We did a head to head comparo and the Taurus had a better trigger, better machining (finer mill marks, better break edge, better deburr etc) and cost less. Sights were a wash as they're close to shit on both pistols but you'll hit someone from. 12 feet no problem. Both made in USA. 

I've heard good things about the TCP.

I've owned both the LCP v1 and II also a Kahr CM9 and a Glock 43.  The LCP II has a much better trigger than the v1, now has an extended mag available like the v1 and there are lots of holster choices available for either.  The only issue I had with the LCP v1 (other than a trigger you have to get used to) was that oiling or greasing it too much tended to collect grime after 50 rounds and slow down slide recoil, but it never FTF on me. The fix was to oil it less or use dry lube every few mags (yes I cleaned it after every range visit).  When the new one (II) came out, I sold the v1 for it, which I carry whenever I can't get by with a G43 or XDMod2 .45 IWB like in the heat of summer.  Half of that time it's loaded with the extended mag in a Concealment Express IWB holster on a tight belt, and other times it's in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.  I did go through a phase where I carried a CM9 everywhere, and it's a fine gun with a very good trigger, but I just didn't bond with its quirks, so I ended up with a micro 380, an IWB nine and a beefier, lasered .45 that's primarily for home defense.