Look who's invited to Thanksgiving dinner!

Bubba

No, don't shoot one there. Isn't that a Birdfeeder? Probably already poached one but it's illegal to shoot a Turkey over bait. Furthermore, you're not allowed to shoot one within 200 yards of bait whether you know it's there or not. Also not allowed to shoot one going to or coming from the bait.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence1 said:

No, don't shoot one there. Isn't that a Birdfeeder? Probably already poached one but it's illegal to shoot a Turkey over bait. Furthermore, you're not allowed to shoot one within 200 yards of bait whether you know it's there or not. Also not allowed to shoot one going to or coming from the bait.

Yeah...no worries.  Yes, that's the feeder right outside my kitchen window.  Wasn't gonna hunt turkey this year, but thanks for the heads up.  Need to thin the deer herd first!

• 8 months later...

Looks like it's gonna be another bumper crop--yes, that's a pun!--of hood rats--yes, that's a pun--this year.  Someone needs to get these guys before they end up bagging me on my motorcycle.

DSC03027.JPG

DSC03025.JPG

DSC03021.JPG

DSC03020.JPG

Yup.  9 acres of woods in western Hamilton Cty, with the north end of the property under a Duke transmission line.  Runs for miles from beyond the IN border east toward Lebanon and beyond.  Deer use it for cover all year long, and it functions as a super-highway for the BIG bucks to travel for mating during the fall rut.  Several years ago, I managed to hit one right at dusk crossing my road within 250 yards of my driveway.  Ruined a beautiful CBR600F2 with not a single flaw.

13 hours ago, Bubba said:

Yup.  9 acres of woods in western Hamilton Cty, with the north end of the property under a Duke transmission line.  Runs for miles from beyond the IN border east toward Lebanon and beyond.  Deer use it for cover all year long, and it functions as a super-highway for the BIG bucks to travel for mating during the fall rut.  Several years ago, I managed to hit one right at dusk crossing my road within 250 yards of my driveway.  Ruined a beautiful CBR600F2 with not a single flaw.

Send me your address Bubba, I will take care of this problem for you! 😃

• Upvote 1

Might have to do that.  The guy that bow hunts my place hasn't been very reliable the last couple of seasons.  Think he's getting old and starting to need glasses.  LOL  🐵

Hold out until the trail cam gets a pic of the big ones that filter in around October time for the fall orgy.  These guys are still pretty young--guessing 2 year olds and prolly twins.  Seems like nearly all the does that hang around the property drop twins every year.  I suppose it's not that uncommon for deer.

Edited by Bubba

1 hour ago, bowdog said:

Send me your address Bubba, I will take care of this problem for you! 😃

These are the kind of big boys that wander in during the rut.  Don't normally see 'em until late Oct-early Nov.

12pt_2010DecE.jpg

Dec2011_14pt.jpg

• Upvote 2

Damn!  Sounds like this old retired guy is gonna have to start a bidding war to supplement my "fixed" income.

Guy that hunts my place gives me free tomatoes during the summer.  Sounds like I can do better.

'Course, he usually goes thru several bottles of my Crown during the hunting season to warm up after he sits in the blind for a few hours....am I losing money on this proposition?  LOL

• Haha 1