Howabusa

Speeding ticket

I just go a speeding ticket on 78 outside McConnellsville. Paid $111! 79 in a 55, could have got me for reckless op. They didn’t! 2 Morgan county deputies. Fuck! I was overdue, never had a ticket on the bike, ever! 

16 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

I just go a speeding ticket on 78 outside McConnellsville. Paid $111! 79 in a 55, could have got me for reckless op. They didn’t! 2 Morgan county deputies. Fuck! I was overdue, never had a ticket on the bike, ever! 

Did you pay the cop?

25 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Did you pay the cop?

Paid it at clerks office in McConnellsville.

2 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I think you got off cheap. Last ticket my wife got from a state pooper was $189 for 69 in a 55

48 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I think you got off cheap. Last ticket my wife got from a state pooper was $189 for 69 in a 55

I agree! 24 over and only $111.

1 hour ago, street pilot said:

Is "reckless op" even a thing anymore?

30 MPH over is 4 points now.  I think some of these laws changed recently.

https://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/hsy7607.pdf

There were 2 Morgan deputies in the car. One of them training. The older cop said, he could have got you for Reckless op. that’s 6 points. Thank you!!! 

17 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Telling them that you thought "78" was the posted speed limit didn't work??  :o

• Upvote 1

I just got pulled over in KY going 92 in a 70. I also had a passenger without a seatbelt on. He said the ticket was $200. He let me off b/c of my Trump shirt 👍

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Howabusa said:

There were 2 Morgan deputies in the car. One of them training. 

This is why he even pulled you over. Last ticket my wife got last spring the guy had a trainee. Last ticket I got many moons ago the cop had a trainee. You were the example subject of the training exercise. Thanks for playing along. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Only ticket I ever got on my bike was also a trainee situation. I was 14 over.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JapanRider92 said:

I just got pulled over in KY going 92 in a 70. I also had a passenger without a seatbelt on. He said the ticket was $200. He let me off b/c of my Trump shirt 👍

MSGA....Make Speeding Great Again!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Two months ago I got stopped by the Policia doing 110 MPH on a toll road in Mexico, I negotiated with the cop down to 1000 pesos ($52) from 1500 pesos on the side of the road. I know the locals only bribe the Policia 500 pesos or less, but I'm a Gringo! Wonder if I'll get points on my Ohio license... LOL, so corrupt in Mexico!

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

My ticket last year was $135 I think. 69 in a 55. Training situation, holiday weekend. The insurance rate hike was alot more than the ticket.

My last ticket was in Texas. Ninety-something in a 55. It was like $300. Wife was not too happy. 

• Haha 1

They could have cited you for anything. I don’t think reckless opp would have stuck. 

Every county is different as far as what they’ll pursue for traffic offenses, but speed alone, unless you’re doing substantially more than 30 over, is a weak case for reckless opp. (IMHO)

you can be doing 30 mph through stopped or crawling traffic, weaving all over, and that would be a lot more reckless than 24 over in light traffic. 

As noted, it’s a 6 point violation. The same as an OVI. Unless your conduct was similarly dangerous, i wouldn’t consider it reckless opp. 

Look up the definition of “street racing.” Also a 6 point violation. Many things qualify that no judge would hit you with 6 points for. 

$111 is cheap though. Court costs are typically over $100, plus $50 or more for the fine. 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:44 AM, Casper said:

Wife was not too happy. 

She hasn't been happy since the day before she married you.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, redkow97 said:

They could have cited you for anything. I don’t think reckless opp would have stuck. 

Every county is different as far as what they’ll pursue for traffic offenses, but speed alone, unless you’re doing substantially more than 30 over, is a weak case for reckless opp. (IMHO)

you can be doing 30 mph through stopped or crawling traffic, weaving all over, and that would be a lot more reckless than 24 over in light traffic. 

As noted, it’s a 6 point violation. The same as an OVI. Unless your conduct was similarly dangerous, i wouldn’t consider it reckless opp. 

Look up the definition of “street racing.” Also a 6 point violation. Many things qualify that no judge would hit you with 6 points for. 

$111 is cheap though. Court costs are typically over $100, plus $50 or more for the fine. 

I've had a 6pt street racing ticket... Doing 51 in a 35 in a 94 f150... Garbage... I mean, I was racing, but I was just a kid fucking around with my buddy in his ranger on east broad in Whitehall.... Ended up with 80hr community service and a suspension... I don't think it takes much.... My buddy only got cited for speeding since he was shipping out for the navy and wouldn't have made court.... So apparently I was racing myself /confused

*was also 3am and I had a 16 and 15yr old girls with me so didnt wanna argue and get arrested for curfew. 

Edited by Steve Butters

I have gotten many speeding tickets. Not in some years, knock on wood. 

I had a close friend who was a lawyer. He told me to keep my mouth shut, and never talk to the cop, unless you had too. We would always go to court. We never argued money, only charges. The insurance impact is always greater than the ticket. 

He once got a 10 point/600.00 stop dropped to a "Parked on the road illegally", which turned into 4 points and 700.00. In the end I kept my license, and my insurance. The courts clearly only cared about the money, and I was happy to give them one payment, instead of double insurance payments for years. 

10 minutes ago, Travisty said:

I have gotten many speeding tickets. Not in some years, knock on wood. 

I had a close friend who was a lawyer. He told me to keep my mouth shut, and never talk to the cop, unless you had too. We would always go to court. We never argued money, only charges. The insurance impact is always greater than the ticket. 

He once got a 10 point/600.00 stop dropped to a "Parked on the road illegally", which turned into 4 points and 700.00. In the end I kept my license, and my insurance. The courts clearly only cared about the money, and I was happy to give them one payment, instead of double insurance payments for years. 

how much is the lawyer compared to the insurance hit?

Still cheaper. I would lost my licence as well. 

You don't NEED a lawyer either. Just show up and ask the judge to change the charge to a non-moving violation. Works more often than you would think.