JustinNck1

FTR1200 Released

51 minutes ago, GSX-Sam said:

Maybe I was selling it short. From what I've seen and read they made the ftr1200 motor rev higher and it has some pretty short-skirted pistons suggesting more of a square bore compared to a hardly ableson. Haven't looked up bore and stroke numbers yet, so I could be wrong. 

4.0" x2.9" so pretty much oversquare.  Peak torque at 6KRPM so 125hp must happen quite a bit higher up.

1 hour ago, MSerfozo said:

4.0" x2.9" so pretty much oversquare.  Peak torque at 6KRPM so 125hp must happen quite a bit higher up.

Wow, that's very oversquare. Similar proportions to the vrod motor.  Things got to be a blast to ride. 

19 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

... FTR's torque & hp numbers implies that it revs more like a Ducati than a Harley.  Could be a fun motor.

Or any of the KTM 9x0/1x90 motors.  Had a '12 990 SMT and it was high-revving over-square v-twin.  Not much low-end torque and pretty vibey/snatchy under 3500 RPM, but came alive at 4K and pulled like a freight train to redline.  Peak torque at 6500 RPM and peak HP at 8500 RPM.  Great bike for being a hooligan!

Edited by Bubba