Need a new home for our cat

bowdog

Someone needs a visit from Jackson Galaxy...  My wife watches that show "My Cat From Hell" all the time, and that dude could easily fix the problem.  

Seriously though, animals all seem to be intimidated by smaller versions of other animals.  A new kitten is sometimes an issue for an adult cat, full-sized horses are scared of miniature horses, cats are scared of small humans.  

Out of the office now but will definitely reply to all of these as soon as I have time and will explain more...she is about 8 years old and had always had her free range except for when my dog wants to chase her but that goes both ways meaning if he is not paying attention to her she will entaginize my dog. My son has never hit, stepped on or anything to her. Seemed she has taken an attitude to him though. As said will explain more when I get to computer but I need to find a new home for her and willing to pay for anything she needs. 

14 hours ago, hiro said:

A scratch. Pfft. Sounds like an excuse to me, but whatever. Just don't kill ("euthanize") the cat. Give it a chance somewhere else. Probably shouldn't have animals anyway with an attitude like that.

Cats aren’t animals they’re fucking varmints that some people let in their houses.   I wouldn’t keep any animal in my home that pisses and shits inside.  

Don’t like my attitude about cats?

Don’t

Fucking

Care 

YRMV

Edited by max power

19 minutes ago, max power said:

Cats aren’t animals they’re fucking varmints that some people let in their houses. 

Point is he let it in his house. And let is your word not mine. So he has a moral obligation to do right by the cat. Lock it up until he finds a good home for it. There are shitloads of no kill agencies that will have it in a foster home in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

it really sounds like OP wants to do the right thing and doesn't sound like his kid provoked this cat nor did he raise his kid(s) to treat animals badly.  the OP actually made that clear to me.  Not sure why some of you are jumping on his dick over wanting to re-home this cat, even at much higher expense than necessary to do so to ensure a smooth transition.  sometimes, animals just don't do well with children, anyone who has adopted dogs would know this.  does this not apply to cats?

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, max power said:

Nobody fosters cats. They just let them out in neighborhoods and put food out for them, which then attracts skunks. 

Ask me how I know.  

You sir are a genius. You have inadvertently found a solution to bowdogs problem.

Give me the address of this foster home near you. I will pick up bowdogs cat and deliver it there. I'm happy, cats happy, bowdog is happy and the skunks near your house are happy.

You might not be happy, but don't really care.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

You sir are a genius. You have inadvertently found a solution to bowdogs problem.

Give me the address of this foster home near you. I will pick up bowdogs cat and deliver it there. I'm happy, cats happy, bowdog is happy and the skunks near your house are happy.

You might not be happy, but don't really care.

I’ll do you one better. I’ll PM you his address. He has a barn you can stash the cat in. 

Nah, I moved from town.   He is absolutely welcome to bring the cat out here. It might last two or three days before the ‘yotes make a snack out of it, if it’s quick.  

Besides, my neighbors love bait

Edited by max power

• 1 month later...