Ride 9/29?

Howabusa

46 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

The weather isn’t looking good. 61 for a high. I am not sure if wife will be ready to be left alone.

I noticed the weather as well. I’m up in the air as well. I hope it comes around as Saturday gets closer. 

• Upvote 1

Geez, still no plan?

How about this one? I'm from farther south and do not typically get this far north on a day ride. I know that you NEO guys hit these roads often, so please suggest something better. For Kent's benefit, I suggest that the route should be shortish and have options.

Start in New Philadelphia at the Sheets/Long John Silver parking lot on West High Ave. Arrive at 9:30. Drain the tank, fill the other tank, and be ready to depart at 10. Take 250 to Wheeling , then WV-88 to bypass the straights along the river. Continue on 250 to Cameron WV. Then return on 25 & 17 to Moundsville. Then 54 to 239 to 147 to 149 to 800 back to the Sheets in New Philly. WV-17, Fox Ridge Rd looks a bit narrow and rough on Google maps, but it's got a lot of curves and views.

https://goo.gl/maps/BGctcBA7TTD2

That's about a 5-hr loop, probably less. Most of you guys that have chimed in will ride about 2 hours to get to and back from New Philly. Leave the house by 7:30, home by 5 - unless we have a meal at New Philly or along the route.

For a 6-hour loop, we could extend past Cameron to Hundred, WV, then take 7 back to New Martinsville, then 536 (yeah!) to 78 to Woodsfield to 800. Home by 6 or 7.

https://goo.gl/maps/fgvhmpTqMm42

I will PROBABLY be going. Not certain.