I think I lost my passion for riding

Tpoppa

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

He does, he did the same thing I did. Found a girlfriend half our age. It's quite occupying  

Girlfriends come and go, but motorcycles are forever. 

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

Tony I felt the same. Sold all my bikes and bought a Polaris Ranger, no regrets so far. Im sure Ill buy another bike. Probably when the 790's show up. Right now though I completely enjoy playing  around in the side by side and the girlfriend and dogs love it too.

Wait, you sold the one you just got???

9 hours ago, Casper said:

Wait, you sold the one you just got???

Yep. I am currently bikeless. I’m sure that won’t last. Never does. The only toy in the garage now is the side by side. Everyone in the house loves it so it gets used more than the bikes did. I enjoy it. Going to buy a toy hauler to travel a bit with it now that race season is over. Considering a pontoon as well. Then if I have time left next season between the side by side and pontoon I’ll get another bike. The 790s my be in the states by then lol. 

7 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Yep. I am currently bikeless. I’m sure that won’t last. Never does. The only toy in the garage now is the side by side. Everyone in the house loves it so it gets used more than the bikes did. I enjoy it. Going to buy a toy hauler to travel a bit with it now that race season is over. Considering a pontoon as well. Then if I have time left next season between the side by side and pontoon I’ll get another bike. The 790s my be in the states by then lol. 

The 790 still hasn't come?!  I assume you got your deposit back?

50 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

The 790 still hasn't come?!  I assume you got your deposit back?

The date keeps getting pushed back. They are now being told they should be able to order units Nov 1 for a Dec or Jan delivery. Obviously that’s less than ideal in Ohio lol. 

CCM sells Polaris as well, they transferred my deposit to the Ranger I wanted and made me a ridiculously good deal on it to apologize for the 790 delay which was in no way their problem but they did it anyway. 

CCM is absolutely my go to dealer. They’ve always done right by me but this time it was above and beyond 

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, MidgetTodd said:

We rented one for a day a couple times. Was a great time and she stays in a bikini and drinks. It’s a win win. Especially in some of the coves when you’re the only boat there. I’ll be looking for some off season deals. If none I’ll get one in spring 

Where did you rent them?

On 9/27/2018 at 10:59 AM, Tpoppa said:

Where did you rent them?

Portage Lakes, Atwood Lake and Tappan Lake are probably the 3 best lakes within an hour-ish of NEO for pontooning that I've been

• 5 weeks later...

I've been feeling the same way since my little incident. My BP is all over the place and it makes me just a shade nervous to get back on the bike and gave it happen again. I get a little twitchy just driving the truck some days. I don't owe a whole lot on the FJR so I may just keep it and pay it off so I'll always have it. But lately the urge and drive just seem to have fallen off. And now that we're getting into the off season it just sets in a little more. Maybe a Scat Pack Challenger will find it's way into my new garage

So it turns out there may be a medical explanation for this.  I just had blood work done after I couldn't shake a cold and it turns out I have a pretty serious Vitamin D deficiency, that's been slowly getting worse for years.

It comes with a bunch of seemingly unrelated symptoms like:  headache, extreme fatigue, temperature sensitivity, chronic pain, difficulty sleeping, getting sick often, etc...all things that make it hard to enjoy things as much as I used to.  It's been pretty awful, but it makes sense.

Good news is that once diagnosed, it's pretty easy to treat.  I should bounce back after a few months of supplements.  We'll see.    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1