Maid Service

Koala

I manage the Cuyahoga Falls location of Action Maids. I am looking to hire multiple people before business starts to ramp up for the holiday season. $10 per hour for cleaning, minimum wage for drive time. Cars/supplies all provided. Must be able to pass a background and license check.  If interested you can just shoot me a text 234-738-0633 and I will get with you as soon as possible.

Hey, I didn't sign up here just to post this.I found out about this forum from a member. I love my new bike, it's my first and I'm learning how to ride it. Pretty much what I put in my intro. I just happened to notice this part of the forum and thought "what the hell."  The pay is in line with other cleaning companies for the area. The ones that pay $1 more per hour require you to use your own car and only pay 10 cents per mile. You don't get an hourly wage for driving either. So, it's a toss up. Interested or not, it's not a big deal to me. I make my money either way. If this forum doesn't want people posting jobs, then there shouldn't be a spot for it. 

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Nobody said that you couldn’t post your jobs. We are saying that $10/ hour is not a living wage! It doesn’t matter that the pay is in line with other cleaning jobs. I bet you don’t make that much an hour!

The majority of applications I receive are from people that are making less than that. I don't make much more for being a manager. The only reason managers are able to live on the money from this company is because we get more hours. More hours cleaning, hours in the office taking care of paperwork, etc. If it was up to me the pay would be more, but as I've told people before, I've worked a hell of a lot harder for a hell of a lot less. It's a great job for someone that likes physical work and dealing with people. I wouldn't expect someone to be able to support a family off of it, but not everyone looking for a job is in that situation. The main roadblock for people seems to be the background and license check. I can't hire a person that the insurance company won't cover.

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

So all of you are in favor of a 15 per hour minimum wage with full health insurance?

As crappy as they have turned (for the most part, there are still a few good ones around), unions used to be good because they guaranteed worker's rights and a livable, even decent wage. Now days unions are on the way out because of endless lobbying by corporations because in their ideal world the working class would just be indentured servants, receiving no pay and living in company towns run on company credits... much like the railroad, oil and coal companies used to do in the late 1800's to early 1900's. It wasn't a good time. There is nobody left to fight for worker's rights and uphold standards except for the companies themselves and the US government. Also, not a good time. 

Do I think people who work hard deserve a wage that lets them not live in their cars with their 4 kids, barely able to afford food let alone other life necessities? Yes. Yes I do. I also believe healthcare is a matter of national security as is education therefore it should fall under the responsibilities of the government to the people along with defense and infrastructure. Probably not popular opinions but that's fine. 

Accomplishing all this would require a large shift though so I don't really see it happening. I agree that guaranteed outcome is a bad idea so don't lump me in with those red commie bastards, but there is a better way for our country to run, both for its citizens and for industry. 

• Upvote 2

Except that anything the government is in charge of becomes bloated, ridiculously costly and extremely poorly managed.  Then those poor working people are forced to pay more taxes.  

Competition is the only thing that can keep the costs in check.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2