Hi :)

Koala

Hi there, I'm a new rider in the Akron area looking for people to get out and ride with. I have a Ninja 300 that I love to bits. I've been enjoying the forum so far, would be great to meet some of you!

13 hours ago, Koala said:

Hi there, I'm a new rider in the Akron area looking for people to get out and ride with. I have a Ninja 300 that I love to bits. I've been enjoying the forum so far, would be great to meet some of you!

Welcome... Also from the Akron area.  How long you been riding?

6 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Welcome... Also from the Akron area.  How long you been riding?

I haven't been riding long at all. I've only recently started branching out from the Chapel Hill Mall parking lot. I had a nice ride around Hudson the other day to make sure I'd be cool with traffic and everything when I go to my rider class next weekend. I'd like to start riding to work when I know I'm going to have a short day. Don't think I'm ready for rush hour craziness just yet. It seems I've been taking it slower than most do when they get their first bike, but I've been enjoying myself. I had no bike experience aside from being a passenger when I bought mine in May. No dirt bikes, haven't ridden a bicycle in years, and had nobody to help me out with learning anything until the end of last month. I've been steady making progress after getting great instruction from a track coach/former MSF coach. It would be nice to have someone (not a group, I get group anxiety with people I don't know) to ride around with and have fun learning the ins and outs of my bike. 

1 hour ago, snot said:

Hi. Some of the members might of been at the track the weekend Chris was helping you. 

I know for sure one of them was. When we were all having dinner in the paddock late sunday night, a guy walked up and asked if we were from this forum. he was talking to Chris, I don't remember his name though, I can be pretty bad with names. I met a couple friends of Chris that are from Cincinnati if I remember correctly. Drew and Josh, they had dinner with us. Don't know if they are on here or not. 

3 hours ago, whaler said:

Welcome!

Medina area

Get out of the city and ride some back roads, it will allow you to put more concentration on learning the bike and riding. Traffic and traffic lights is not a great place to learn.

thanks! 

I did that this morning. Had a good time. Met up with a member from here and went out to the CVNP for a bit.