PIRC Sept 15/16

Jester_

39 minutes ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

Nice, Looks like you were rolling pretty good. What times were you running? After seeing your gear selection in some places I see what I'm doing wrong and costing me lots of time. Kinda want to go back now. LOL

I'd like to say 48s but I only ran 50s with the traffic that session. 

There is one more weekend there in October but I will be busy with wera that month. Hopefully I can make it out, and the weather doesnt suck. 

5 hours ago, jbot said:

i plan to go out to a OMRL or whatever small bike event next time it's not too far (pitt or where-ever else is not too far).   that said, in the future, let's keep the "big bike" not-compensating-for-anything track crack whore talk in the big bike track threads and the little bitty bike inferiority complex moaning in the little bike track talk threads.  that should keep everyone from being all weepy maybe.

There are only tears here. 

Also I want to ride Pitt. N2 next year as much as I can. @Jester_ good video - putting in some work, seems like a tiring track. 

Edited by what

17 hours ago, jbot said:

i plan to go out to a OMRL or whatever small bike event next time it's not too far (pitt or where-ever else is not too far).

Next one and last of season is 10/6 at Circleville.  That’s a 3 hour drive for us.

PIRC is a pretty technical track with a fair amount of blind stuff. But once you start to get it "right" it is ah-mazing.

@what Dan is correct. Idk how your 1000rr pulls but my old 1k I couldn't even rest on the straights as it was trying to constantly rip me off at full throttle. Look forward to seeing you guys there next year.

Edited by TimTheAzn

6 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

PIRC is a pretty technical track with a fair amount of blind stuff. But once you start to get it "right" it is ah-mazing.

@what Dan is correct. Idk how your 1000rr pulls but my old 1k I couldn't even rest on the straights as it was trying to constantly rip me off at full throttle. Look forward to seeing you guys there next year.

It will be a different bike for me next year. Right now it is +1T in the front which makes it ride more like a 600. I am going to either go back to stock or -1T on the front to help with drive... which will take the relatively tame nature of the CBR now (for a 1k) and turn it into a wheelie monster. Honestly it will be good for me to go to a new track after making the change since I will be learning from 0 and not have to break old shifting habits. 

Blind stuff doesn't really bug me, once I get the lines down. At Mid-O I start to get tired after about 15 minutes at pace. I need to work on stamina this winter along with my weight-loss/muscle maintenance plan. Especially for the more technical and demanding tracks. 

Edited by what