PIRC Sept 15/16

Jester_

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Dont think I've seen Vale or Marquez on a mini bike since they grew tall enough to ride a full sized bike with the exception of publicity events. They ride supermotos on dirt tracks for training, thats about as close as they come from what I've seen.

Herrin races mini-bikes all the time at the Herrin Compound with the exact bikes we race in OMRL.. he has quite a few of the MotoAmerica guys attend as well I believe.  

Granted, Herrin isn't on MotoGP level, but he's certainly on a level far superior to any of us. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I already found MY limit on the grom at slower and faster speed, could control loosing the front or rear and keeping it up with my knee. :dunno: It's fun, but big bikes are more challenging for me.

Fixed it for you.  You made it sound like you can actually out ride the bike. :)

27 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

No person on this forum can out-ride the capabilities of the bikes they own. 

That's true. That's also why you shouldn't look down on the mini stuff as if you're too good for it and need to be 'challenged' more. At least that's how your posts come off to me.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2018 at 4:10 PM, OSUYZFR1 said:

That's true. That's also why you shouldn't look down on the mini stuff as if you're too good for it and need to be 'challenged' more. At least that's how your posts come off to me.

I own a grom, so I "look down on it" every time I get on it to ride it. It's fun, but for what I'm struggling with right now on the big bike, the riding the mini isn't going to make much of a difference imo. Cant practice going wide open through the second kink at PIRC doing 130mph on a grom or xr. Mini's dont give me the same pucker factor that I need to deal with on the big bike either.

Want to end on a positive mini note before all the ORML guys try and jump me again: Minis are fun to ride.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:23 PM, what said:

I'd like to clarify that my initial response was that "I would like to come to PIRC, however, it is a race weekend so I can't make it." Didn't know people had hurt feelings. 

No hurt feelings here brotha. I accomplished one of the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the season this past weekend.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Beer 1

On 9/14/2018 at 10:42 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Dont think I've seen Vale or Marquez on a mini bike since they grew tall enough to ride a full sized bike with the exception of publicity events. They ride supermotos on dirt tracks for training, thats about as close as they come from what I've seen.

And in this analogy, you’re Rossi and/or Marquez?

On 9/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, blue03636 said:

And what is riding a 5hp bike with shit tires and brakes going to do? They are fun but it's like every thread on this site ends up on the mini subject. 

Teach you to ride a shagged big bike tire when it gets greasy or over-worn, except without the financial or medical consequences of crashing being as high. 

Teaches a ton about using the rear brake. 

Teaches a ton about racecraft and setting up passes, blocking lines, etc, because literally no one is going to pass under power; only by carrying more cornerspeed. 

You should see for yourself. The worst that can happen is you confirm your own bias and find it to be a waste of time. I’m sure you won’t  have any fun. 

Edited by redkow97

1 hour ago, redkow97 said:

Teach you to ride a shagged big bike tire when it gets greasy or over-worn, except without the financial or medical consequences of crashing being as high. 

Teaches a ton about using the rear brake. 

Teaches a ton about racecraft and setting up passes, blocking lines, etc, because literally no one is going to pass under power; only by carrying more cornerspeed. 

You should see for yourself. The worst that can happen is you confirm your own bias and find it to be a waste of time. I’m sure you won’t  have any fun. 

I ride and sv650, I kinda know what youre talking about....

You kind of do, but one of the best things a small bike teaches is how to maintain stabile body position through a turn. When you weigh 20+ lbs more than the bike, it doesn’t take a lot of input to move it around.  

I’m not sure that i agree with your assessment of an SV being comparably low power, but even if it were, it will never weigh less than you. 

It’s pretty clear that you’re not going to change your mind. Keep flogging the SV. Gotta ride what you’ve got. 

i plan to go out to a OMRL or whatever small bike event next time it's not too far (pitt or where-ever else is not too far).   that said, in the future, let's keep the "big bike" not-compensating-for-anything track crack whore talk in the big bike track threads and the little bitty bike inferiority complex moaning in the little bike track talk threads.  that should keep everyone from being all weepy maybe.

18 minutes ago, jbot said:

i plan to go out to a OMRL or whatever small bike event next time it's not too far (pitt or where-ever else is not too far).   that said, in the future, let's keep the "big bike" not-compensating-for-anything track crack whore talk in the big bike track threads and the little bitty bike inferiority complex moaning in the little bike track talk threads.  that should keep everyone from being all weepy maybe.

Why is everyone so butt hurt?  I'm pretty it was intended to include new people bc it's seriously a good time.  I know guys think size matters when it comes to bikes among other things, but really it's just all about having fun.  Who doesn't want to have fun?  It goes back to that whole "don't knock it if you haven't tried it" theory...

Talk about derailing a see you at the track thread, huh?  :D

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

Ya, thanks you fucks.

Here's a video from this past weekend.

Nice, Looks like you were rolling pretty good. What times were you running? After seeing your gear selection in some places I see what I'm doing wrong and costing me lots of time. Kinda want to go back now. LOL