2018 Fall Gap Trip?

ScubaCinci

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...rain isn't so bad. Keeps most of the pirates off the road and less overall traffic...plus, it helps temper the need for speed. A few years ago I got down in that area when it was pouring and I took the opportunity to take it easy and enjoy the scenery.

49 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

A few years ago I got down in that area when it was pouring and I took the opportunity to take it easy and enjoy the scenery.

Well, if it goes according to plan you will get to enjoy watching the two trailer fags go slower than me cuz my tires rule wet roads. At least compared to theirs.

Damn is converting these routes to Sygic being a PITA tonight.

Our new plan. Still trailering our slow bikes. But not leaving till Saturday afternoon now. Staying at a cheaper hotel Saturday night and roll into the Gap Resort Sunday morning. Staying at the Gap Resort Sunday and Monday night and riding on dry roads all day long both days. Roll home sometime Tuesday afternoon. Won't get yo ride with @ScubaCinci and his @asshat but there is always next time. 

Next year I have no long trips planned so I'd like to get in more long weekend trips like this. 

21 hours ago, Tonik said:

I remember the old days when you kept your bikes in perfect mechanical condition and actually road them. I miss those days.

You and me, both. 

19 hours ago, what said:

Sounds like your bike is doing its best to winterize itself so you don't have to. 

Fuck that liquid cooled piece of shit. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

You and me, both. 

Fuck that liquid cooled piece of shit. 

Izzy's already prepped for winter.  And is track legal and can go back to 100% street in 30 minutes.  Clearly the perfect bike.  Buy her back if ya want.  I'll be headed for adventure time with my man @B-Mac soon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Do not tempt me. 

I am off work, we can be there in no time and you can drive it home today. Better yet, just ride bitch to Cbus and we keep going. We could pick it up Thursday morning and still meet Joe on time.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I am off work, we can be there in no time and you can drive it home today. Better yet, just ride bitch to Cbus and we keep going. We could pick it up Thursday morning and still meet Joe on time.

All good ideas.  Mostly the part about Pauly riding bitch for 3 hours.  If you guys get a serious plan together, let me know asap and I'll try to get the tires swapped back.  Or if you drive, I'll throw the RoadSmarts in the car and you can play with them.  Drop her back off on your way home, ride bitch with Jim back home and it's a great weekend!

Edited by jacobhawkins

41 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

All good ideas.  Mostly the part about Pauly riding bitch for 3 hours.  If you guys get a serious plan together, let me know asap and I'll try to get the tires swapped back.  Or if you drive, I'll throw the RoadSmarts in the car and you can play with them.  Drop her back off on your way home, ride bitch with Jim back home and it's a great weekend!

Ain't gonna happen. Shortly after I posted that he blew up my phone with excuses. Has to wash his hair, his riding gear is at the cleaners, it's that time of the month.....all kinds of BS.

• Haha 3

Work blew up today big time. No way I am getting out of here until late, then I will be stuck between WV and Akron/Canton rush hour. I will not drive through that. So going to leave early in the morning. It's only 3.5 hours to the meet spot, I will be there np.

All seriousness be safe guys. Still going to be damp and cold. I'm sure you already know but watch those higher elevations never know when you could have ice with out warning. I'd love to join with the fucking race bike but work schedule didn't pan out and these peskey blood clots in my leg are a thorn in my side for long days in the saddle.  Have a blast!!

Party at the gap resort Sunday and Monday night. We will have a celebrity guest joining us. Tall tales and tall drinks will be plentiful. 

Edited by 2talltim