2018 Fall Gap Trip?

ScubaCinci

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Well... it is a very steady leak. I drained the tank and will give the shop a call tomorrow. If they can turn it around quick enough I may be ok. If not, I am without a bike. 

Take Izzy.  I cant ride anyway. 

Shit, maybe not a great idea, it's got scary tires for the street.  If you have a spare set of tires and wanted to swap them...  I still have that set of RoadSmart IIs in the garage, kinda beat up, but still life left for the street.

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Beer 1

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Take Izzy.  I cant ride anyway. 

Shit, maybe not a great idea, it's got scary tires for the street.  If you have a spare set of tires and wanted to swap them...  I still have that set of RoadSmart IIs in the garage, kinda beat up, but still life left for the street.

I appreciate that offer, Jacob. If I take Izzy, you won't get her back. Count on that. I miss the shit out of that bike. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

I appreciate that offer, Jacob. If I take Izzy, you won't get her back. Count on that. I miss the shit out of that bike. 

You can take the Tuono, if you want. Or I take the Tuono and you ride the FJR.

Its an option, anyway. Might be a chilly option.

Edited by Blitz

On 10/11/2018 at 5:12 PM, Pauly said:

Well... it is a very steady leak. I drained the tank and will give the shop a call tomorrow. If they can turn it around quick enough I may be ok. If not, I am without a bike. 

How about an update. Did you drop it off, is it going to be ready?

3 hours ago, Danimal said:

So without having to read through all the great content here, when will folks be down here?

just arrived in the general area last night. Am in Tellico for another night. 

I text you a couple times and got no reply. But here is the same info. 

Me and @JustinNck1 are planning on trailer our nekid bikes down. We will leave after work Friday(19th) and say in th Super 8 in Erwin, TN then get up semi early Saturday(20th) morning and head to Franklin, NC and plan on staying in the Rodeway Inn for 2 nights. (Sat&Sun) We are planning to meet up with Jim and Joe at Cafe Rel for lunch around 11a-noon on Sat. Probably ride with them Saturday till they head north. Sunday we will probably ride northern GA area. Monday the plan is to ride to Gatlinburg for some BBQ then load up and head home.  

We are watching the weather closely and if it takes a turn for the worst. We will either can the trailer idea and bring the touring bikes or we have a alt slab trip we may consider on the tour bikes. 

Also there is a chance if we can leave work a little earlier on Friday we might just roll into Franklin late Friday evening. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pauly said:

Went to the garage and found a giant puddle of coolant under the bike. Definitely not riding this Italian shitbox anywhere for a while. 

I remember the old days when you kept your bikes in perfect mechanical condition and actually road them. I miss those days.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pauly said:

Went to the garage and found a giant puddle of coolant under the bike. Definitely not riding this Italian shitbox anywhere for a while. 

Sounds like your bike is doing its best to winterize itself so you don't have to. 

Well since our schedules were flexible enough we decided to say fuck Saturdays forecast. We are now bumping everything back a day. We are headed down after work Saturday and took Tuesday off.  So we will be down Saturday evening till midday Tuesday. So looks like we will not be around for the dome of hate parade. 

On 10/13/2018 at 7:51 PM, ScubaCinci said:

Bummer...and then there were 3

I doubt I make this. 

Coming in late Thursday and riding down was doable, but with the forecast the following few days....especially Saturday, I may hold off and save the days for better weather. May never come...  but 90% chance of rain and temps in the 50s exceeds my threshold for discomfort.