2018 Fall Gap Trip?

ScubaCinci

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it stands now, I’m meeting you guys in Marion on Thursday night. I’ll be slabbing down on the FJR. Probably will get in around 12-1.

Plan is to room with Pauly. Should be a fun way to cap off the season!

9 hours ago, Blitz said:

As it stands now, I’m meeting you guys in Marion on Thursday night. I’ll be slabbing down on the FJR. Probably will get in around 12-1.

Awesome! I suggest sleeping on your back.

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2018 at 3:47 PM, Tonik said:

FYI - I manually copied the routes into my Garmin (because Garmin software sucks ass) and I noticed that on day one, down north of Marion, there is a route SNAFU that turns onto 610 for a bit then reverses back (unless that was intentional for a gas stop or something). I didn't see any others like this with the rest of the routes.

map.JPG

Jim, any idea where and what time you want to meet up on Thursday? I know you mentioned Racine though that's not exactly on the proposed route. It should take me about 5 hours to get to that area (per Google) so we can plan on meeting somewhere for lunch. Maybe across the river from Scary, WV (it'll be close to Halloween after all :P) or further down in Davis Creek? That's not too far off of 16.

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

Jim, any idea where and what time you want to meet up on Thursday? I know you mentioned Racine though that's not exactly on the proposed route. It should take me about 5 hours to get to that area (per Google) so we can plan on meeting somewhere for lunch. Maybe across the river from Scary, WV (it'll be close to Halloween after all :P) or further down in Davis Creek? That's not too far off of 16.

I'll figure it out.

Post up your day one, I will adjust to make it work.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:14 PM, Blitz said:

I may just leave Thursday morning and roll to Marion on my own. I will leave the room key hidden in an undisclosed location. It's up to you to find it and then figure out what room I am in. 

Hint: Walk towards the smell of skunks. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Blitz said:

This should easily have blown out to sea by the time we get there mid to late next week.

Weather looks very dry for our whole trip, as expected on any trip I take. It's gonna be a tad cold in the mornings.

5 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

So you'll be drinking Corona's?

@Tonik I'll get you my day 1 route tonight. It's on my PC and Essential phone which I don't carry most of the time.

Davis Creek looks good, there is an IHOB behind Best Buy on 119. Give me a rough ETA to there, and I will text you my GPS tracker when I roll Thursday.

8 hours ago, Pauly said:

I may just leave Thursday morning and roll to Marion on my own.

Fuck you, you used to ride with me. Years ago. SOK, more Bourbon for me and the people that at least pretend to like me.

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Weather looks very dry for our whole trip, as expected on any trip I take. It's gonna be a tad cold in the mornings.

The dome of hate is back. Probable be pretty cold at elevation too. Wondering if I should pick up some heated gloves or roll with the Thinsulate A* gloves with my heated grips 😶

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Davis Creek looks good, there is an IHOB behind Best Buy on 119. Give me a rough ETA to there, and I will text you my GPS tracker when I roll Thursday.

Let's say ~12:30...I might change the route slightly to get there a little quicker.

1 minute ago, ScubaCinci said:

The dome of hate is back. Probable be pretty cold at elevation too. Wondering if I should pick up some heated gloves or roll with the Thinsulate A* gloves with my heated grips 😶

Let's say ~12:30...I might change the route slightly to get there a little quicker.

Low of 40 in the cities. Do some math, get some gloves.