Off all week, who wants to ride

max power

12 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Old Bubby, You are old and broken:wheelchair: and I personally care for you and want you to be happy. I think you should just look for a well sorted gold wing. I will still ride with you as long as I don't have to stare at a stuffed animal on your top box. Just think, Your wife may even start riding with you on nice Wing with passenger arm rest. Try thinking of your passenger or should I say Co-Rider in Wing speak.  Plus a trailer could carry all the cases of Old Milwaukee you need for a weekend.😁 I will buy you your first vest so you can start sewing patches on it before next years "Wing Ding Event" :lol:

You had me at stuff animal.  I’d totally rock animal from the muppets....or maybe Taz.

Im not totally broken, but do find my beloved FZ uncomfortable as prison sex after a while.  And the biggest issue, my wife won’t ride it.  She wants a back rest and to go ride into ky or wv for weekend trips with our friends. Can’t do that on the fz unfortunately.   

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 2talltim said:

You know your welcome to take mine out too. But the C14 is 08 and up. The 06 and 07 were the C10 and had carbs.

For a C14 I'd look for at least a 10 and up or 12 and ups are even better. But the 09 and 09s will be the ones you'll find cheap. Nothing wrong with them they just made tweaks that made them better after 10 then again in 12. 

I don’t mind carbs a bit on a thumper, but i want efi on a long distance machine.  No idea they made a c14 with carbs   

Im assuming FJR is fi 06+?

On 9/7/2018 at 10:10 AM, thompsonian said:

Aside from the fact we dont know what the root cause is yet of the vertigo, I'm good. Have an MRI scheduled for the end of the month. Best case scenario is nothing is wrong and we travel another path to find the source. Worst case is possible brain tumor/damage of some sort from who knows what.  I know...its hard to do a brain scan when there isnt anything there to begin with 

Damn dude didn’t realize this is what you’ve been dealing with. Hoping for the best!

10 hours ago, max power said:

I don’t mind carbs a bit on a thumper, but i want efi on a long distance machine.  No idea they made a c14 with carbs   

They didn't. But didn't make the the 14 till 08. Before 08 they were 1000cc and were carbed

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, max power said:

Im assuming FJR is fi 06+?

FJRs were FI from day one, so 2001. Here is a rundown on the changes over the years. I think you want a gen 2 at the least. Two up with that heavy of a bike please seriously consider ABS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FJR1300

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cmh_sprint said:

Damn dude didn’t realize this is what you’ve been dealing with. Hoping for the best!

Thanks man. Had a scare about 10 years ago or so. Some bloodwork came back off and did the MRI thing. Nothing then, and shouldnt be anything now. Just trying to cover all our bases.

• Upvote 2