Off all week, who wants to ride

max power

Wish I would have saw this last night. My school decided to be like every other pansy school in NEO and cancelled today. I took a ride today, would have been great to ride with you.  

19 hours ago, Casper said:

Holy shit. I’m dying. 😂 

8 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

You and I have both ridden more aggressive bikes on trips like this and survived. :dunno:

I have at least 10 years on both of you and have treated my body very poorly in those 10 extra years.  I find the FZ extremely uncomfortable after about 3-4 hours. As in unenjoyable   

Also no way of hauling of my gear so here we go with this tired ass berating again.

16 minutes ago, max power said:

I have at least 10 years on both of you and have treated my body very poorly in those 10 extra years.  I find the FZ extremely uncomfortable after about 3-4 hours. As in unenjoyable   

Also no way of hauling of my gear so here we go with this tired ass berating again.

Of all the people in here, I didn't take you for having thin skin.

Think of it as less on the berating side and more on the, "I need to come up with better excuses than that", side. Like the hauling of the gear, I've got soft luggage you could use. Got nothing for the other excuse tho.

I was going to apologize until I realized you unfriended me on facebook. Ass! :lol:

Edited by TimTheAzn

Huh?  Didn’t unfriend you so no idea there. 

Everyone has been up my ass about riding to the gap vs trailering for years and that bike is just not even close to a suitable long distance unit.  At least for me.  

Can it be done?  Yes. 

Do I want to do it?  No.  

Not a thin skin thing, just soooo over discussing it as no one ever listens, they just wanna rag for ragging sake because they ride there and back on what ever sportbike so I should want to on the FZ.  I’m old and I’ve broken things.  I know when it’s going to rain.  I’m becoming very well acquainted with ibuprofen.   I can’t even ride a zeroturn for a few hours without walking all hunched over.  So if you ride all scrunched up on a cbr or Daytona all the way to the gap, around and back, good for you, makes me wince just thinking about it.   If you see a nice cheap 06+ FJR or connie, let me know   

I don’t think I even know how to unfriend someone on the ‘books.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, max power said:

Huh?  Didn’t unfriend you so no idea there. 

Everyone has been up my ass about riding to the gap vs trailering for years and that bike is just not even close to a suitable long distance unit.  At least for me.  

Can it be done?  Yes. 

Do I want to do it?  No.  

Not a thin skin thing, just soooo over discussing it as no one ever listens, they just wanna rag for ragging sake because they ride there and back on what ever sportbike so I should want to on the FZ.  I’m old and I’ve broken things.  I know when it’s going to rain.  I’m becoming very well acquainted with ibuprofen.   I can’t even ride a zeroturn for a few hours without walking all hunched over.  So if you ride all scrunched up on a cbr or Daytona all the way to the gap, around and back, good for you, makes me wince just thinking about it.   If you see a nice cheap 06+ FJR or connie, let me know   

I don’t think I even know how to unfriend someone on the ‘books.  

Hey, I trailer everywhere now, let them come at us both. Plus, many more and more people will be doing that next year as the track has smitten a few more riders here.

That sucks that you can't get comfortable on the bike. Have you ridden an fjr or connie enough to know that it wont cause the same kind of discomfort?

Careful taking all that ibuprofen, can't be good for you taking it regularly for an extended period of time. More, natural remedies may be in order. :lol:

I’ve only ridden andre’s Connie around Fontana at low speeds but the seating position has to be more comfortable than that of the FZ.  Would love to try either bike if someone wants to take a ride and trade for a little while.  

11 hours ago, max power said:

I’ve only ridden andre’s Connie around Fontana at low speeds but the seating position has to be more comfortable than that of the FZ.  Would love to try either bike if someone wants to take a ride and trade for a little while.  

Your more than welcome to try my Connie.  I've ridden both the FZ1 and Connie for extended periods, and the comfort level is not even close.  You can ride the Connie at 100 mph all day long (or until LEOs catch you).  It's not just searing position.  The wind protection matters also. 

4 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Your more than welcome to try my Connie.  I've ridden both the FZ1 and Connie for extended periods, and the comfort level is not even close.  You can ride the Connie at 100 mph all day long (or until LEOs catch you).  It's not just searing position.  The wind protection matters also. 

1 hour ago, thompsonian said:

You're more than welcome to come take my FJR for a spin if you want. Lord knows I'm not riding it for the moment. My season may be over...

Thanks for the offer fellas.  Would love to take one of each for a spin.  I know dave lives down in hooten holler, where do you live, Connie14?

how are you healing, Dave?

Edited by max power

1 hour ago, max power said:

Thanks for the offer fellas.  Would love to take one of each for a spin.  I know dave lives down in hooten holler, where do you live, Connie14?

how are you healing, Dave?

Aside from the fact we dont know what the root cause is yet of the vertigo, I'm good. Have an MRI scheduled for the end of the month. Best case scenario is nothing is wrong and we travel another path to find the source. Worst case is possible brain tumor/damage of some sort from who knows what.  I know...its hard to do a brain scan when there isnt anything there to begin with 

You know your welcome to take mine out too. But the C14 is 08 and up. The 06 and 07 were the C10 and had carbs.

For a C14 I'd look for at least a 10 and up or 12 and ups are even better. But the 09 and 09s will be the ones you'll find cheap. Nothing wrong with them they just made tweaks that made them better after 10 then again in 12. 

• Upvote 1