Back to work

Howabusa

40 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

... how does one stay on unemployment for 2 years and 8 months? Thats a hell of a lot of "job applications" over those weeks. Over 432 in fact...

I haven’t been looking for a job for a while. My wife is a RN and is a Director of Nursing over a 75 bed facility. In other words she is making a lot of money.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

I haven’t been looking for a job for a while. My wife is a RN and is a Director of Nursing over a 75 bed facility. In other words she is making a lot of money.

Gottcha. I just was under the assumption to receive unemployment from the state of Ohio you had to actively be looking for a job.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Gottcha. I just was under the assumption to receive unemployment from the state of Ohio you had to actively be looking for a job.

He didn't necessarily say he was receiving unemployment, just that he was unemployed. From what I've heard from a neighbor, receiving unemployment money is almost more hassle than it's worth. But apparently there are some people out there that have figured it out well. 

1 hour ago, 8Rider6 said:

He didn't necessarily say he was receiving unemployment, just that he was unemployed. From what I've heard from a neighbor, receiving unemployment money is almost more hassle than it's worth. But apparently there are some people out there that have figured it out well. 

I did get unemployment for a few months. I was actively seeking jobs. Then the state decided that I shouldn’t have got unemployment. I owe the state $3550 for what they gave me. Fuck the state of Ohio!

12 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I did get unemployment for a few months. I was actively seeking jobs. Then the state decided that I shouldn’t have got unemployment. I owe the state $3550 for what they gave me. Fuck the state of Ohio!

Wow, they should've done more to prevent that instead of "take it back". :nono:

• Upvote 1