Hey Tpoppa

Myk88

7 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

The MT's fuel efficiency is gonna be a problem with this challenge :lol:

If I'm running fast pace, I'm on low fuel at 85 miles...

hence why the heavy girls might be a better option for this challenge. No fuel stops :lol:

10 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

200 miles on a Grom? I'm getting gas at 120 miles with a 5.2 gallon tank. There must be something wrong with my bike. I should use the cruise control more, that might help.

Start with full fuel, run 100 miles on tank 1, stop for tank 2, run 100 miles, finish on fumes and 6.3lbs lighter for that extra speed boost!

Edited by what

Neutral throttle the keyhole*
The carousel, T1, and the busstop too, if you blow the entries by over-slowing.
And the transition onto the front stretch** 
Anywhere else at MO, I won't say "you're doing it wrong", but you're doing it slow.

*if you're scared of leaning on the Q3s over the pockmarked pavement on the exit.
**if you're scared, or have stock rearsets that you've bent by trying to lean too far there.

TL;DR, basically no neutral throttle anywhere if you want to go fast.:stirpot:

Edited by Trackbikez
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trackbikez said:

Neutral throttle the keyhole*
The carousel, T1, and the busstop too, if you blow the entries by over-slowing.
And the transition onto the front stretch** 
Anywhere else at MO, I won't say "you're doing it wrong", but you're doing it slow.

*if you're scared of leaning on the Q3s over the pockmarked pavement on the exit.
**if you're scared, or have stock rearsets that you've bent by trying to lean too far there.

TL;DR, basically no neutral throttle anywhere if you want to go fast.:stirpot:

Noted.

What I really need to do is pick up another camera and record my laps to see where I can pick up time. also follow faster people.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:39 AM, 2talltim said:

Damn good to hear from ya Bill!!! How the hell you been?

Pretty good cheers, doing my thing in the Pacific Northwest . . . (corporate claptrap, saving for my retirement).

I had a  Multistrada (air-cooled) up til earlier this year, but realized I hadn't ridden it for a while so sold it. So no bike as of now. Riding's nice out here, Mountains, gorges, and vistas . . .  but I miss those long days on the endless SE Ohio twisties. Sigh . . .

How you doin'?

4 hours ago, what said:

Noted.

What I really need to do is pick up another camera and record my laps to see where I can pick up time. also follow faster people.

That's probably the best bet.  @Jester_'s onboard pretty much shows what a fast guy is.  I'm not a fast guy, I just know what it takes to be one. 🙂

1 hour ago, Trackbikez said:

That's probably the best bet.  @Jester_'s onboard pretty much shows what a fast guy is.  I'm not a fast guy, I just know what it takes to be one. 🙂

I'm not the slowest guy in A but I've got a long way to go to get down to low 30's. 

On 12/15/2018 at 12:52 PM, what said:

Film will help your riding. Having others view and critique the videos help. I do this and it has helped immensely. You always think your hitting the "X" board, or coming off the brake at the right time, etc but the camera doesn't lie hahaha.

Ideally you'll have it so you can see your right hand on/reach/go for/roll off of the brake lever. That way you know when you go to the brake and come off of it.

Idk what I regretted more, getting a lap timer and proving how slow I am, or filming my riding, to see how slow I am. :lol:

image.thumb.png.7c8eb1897a0f337b31a638309754a733.png
I can see just enough of my right hand to know when I go to and come off of the brake. Can see my tach to know what gear I'm in. (I know PIRC well enough now to know where my RPM's should be if I'm in the correct gear)

Edited by TimTheAzn

You're sitting right in the power band is where your rpms are at. 

But yeah, it's looking like I'll have a little extra spending cash this year due to a number of changes that will be happening between the new year and summer so I'll probably pick up a camera or two. Luckily my new fairings came with some mounts already attached :D Ordered a 1-piece yesterday. Having my current leathers rip apart at the zipper and tear the liner halfway out was a big factor in that decision. If that happens at 25mph I didn't want to find out what happens at 100+. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, what said:

You're sitting right in the power band is where your rpms are at. 

But yeah, it's looking like I'll have a little extra spending cash this year due to a number of changes that will be happening between the new year and summer so I'll probably pick up a camera or two. Luckily my new fairings came with some mounts already attached :D Ordered a 1-piece yesterday. Having my current leathers rip apart at the zipper and tear the liner halfway out was a big factor in that decision. If that happens at 25mph I didn't want to find out what happens at 100+. 

I was (not this video) taking that back section in 3rd, when I really should be in 4th. Helped with less engine braking as well which got my entry speed up without really feeling like I was reaching for more entry speed.

Lucky for me I have a very fast friend that rides like 52's around pirc on an sv so he's been giving me lots of help.