8/19/2018 SE Ohio ride

Myk88

Got out Sunday to put a few miles on the Honda. Rode 800 Woodsfield to Barnesville then 147 to Belmont and picked up 149. Rode that all the way to Bellaire. 149 is a nice country ride, but honestly not overly twisty. There were a couple of spots but it was primarily fast sweeping turns and long straights.

Grabbed a bite in Bellaire then wanted to hit 147 back to Belmont, but 147 is closed right out of Bellaire at the moment. Slabbed it down past Shadyside on Rt. 7 and hit Pipe Creek road, which was narrowish but very twisty and satisfying. About 7 or 8 miles later, I was on 147 headed back to Belmont. 147 was also nice and twisty and fun except for a couple of red light/one lane construction areas, and a run-in with a suicidal groundhog who bounced off my left heel, then my back tire.

All in all a fairly good ride already, So for the trip back I came back through Barnesville and took 800 to 148/Captina Creek Rd. then up 26 north through New Castle (Awesome curves), then continued up 26 through Jerusalem back to Woodsfield. One more red light construction spot just a couple miles out of Woodsfield here also.

• Upvote 2