Nashville

Bad324

Ok I know a few of you are Nashville pros so looking for suggestions of things to do. I’m Mainly interested where the good eats and drink are. We’re meeting some family so we’ll have 3 kids under 2 and staying at the KOA during the day. But at night we’ll have babysitters for the kids so at least get to be out on the town one night if not both. 

I hear all the following a great neighborhoods for a family to hang out in

1. Buena Vista Heights
  2. Cumberland Gardens
  3. College Heights-Clifton
  4. Jones-Buena Vista
  5. Hadley Park
  6. Southside
  7. Osage-North Fisk
  8. Talbot’S Corner
  9. Woodycrest
  10. Elizabeth Park

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

:lol:

i saw this earlier but I didn’t comment because he said family and kids lol. 

Nashville is my second home but I’ve never taken kids and made a family thing. So I can’t be real helpful. 

You could do the Grand Ole Opry tour and the Gaylord tour with them. They’d probably enjoy Cooters Garage too. 

If you’re staying at the KOA, I’m assuming it’s the Yogi’s one, that’s minutes from all of those places and the Nashville Mall. 

The Mall is actually pretty impressive it’s fucking huge. Biggest one I’ve ever been to. There’s a really good seafood restaurant in there that is a giant aquarium as well. And Johnny Rockets is in the mall as well, Reba is part owner and I’ve seen her there waiting tables and greeting everyone several times. 

The American Pickers store there at the edge of town is Meh, but the building it’s in is pretty cool. 

If you ditch the kids and hit the strip then definitely text me or message me. That’s where I go. 

If you have time, 4-5 hours, one day absolutely head to Lynchburg and do the Jack Daniels distillery tour and eat at Barrel House BBQ. It makes Cram Bones seem like McDonalds. The tour, town square and BBQ are totally worth it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

:lol:

i saw this earlier but I didn’t comment because he said family and kids lol. 

Nashville is my second home but I’ve never taken kids and made a family thing. So I can’t be real helpful. 

You could do the Grand Ole Opry tour and the Gaylord tour with them. They’d probably enjoy Cooters Garage too. 

If you’re staying at the KOA, I’m assuming it’s the Yogi’s one, that’s minutes from all of those places and the Nashville Mall. 

The Mall is actually pretty impressive it’s fucking huge. Biggest one I’ve ever been to. There’s a really good seafood restaurant in there that is a giant aquarium as well. And Johnny Rockets is in the mall as well, Reba is part owner and I’ve seen her there waiting tables and greeting everyone several times. 

The American Pickers store there at the edge of town is Meh, but the building it’s in is pretty cool. 

If you ditch the kids and hit the strip then definitely text me or message me. That’s where I go. 

If you have time, 4-5 hours, one day absolutely head to Lynchburg and do the Jack Daniels distillery tour and eat at Barrel House BBQ. It makes Cram Bones seem like McDonalds. The tour, town square and BBQ are totally worth it. 

One night we're hitting the strip without the kids so all the suggestions you have I'll take.

I forgot about the American Pickers place so that'd be cool to check out. They'd love the damn mall I'm sure so with all the rain in the forecast may be a good idea. We're going to be with my Dad and his wife and they already did Grand ol Opry and Jack Daniels so probably won't get to do that this time around but she's from Knoxville so it'll happen in the near future with my new step brother.

I'm probably one of the few here that thought Krambonz was overrated and not even top 3 of the bbq places I've had down that way. I realllllly need some good BBQ and some good nashville style chicken to make this trip worth it :lol:

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

One night we're hitting the strip without the kids so all the suggestions you have I'll take.

I forgot about the American Pickers place so that'd be cool to check out. They'd love the damn mall I'm sure so with all the rain in the forecast may be a good idea. We're going to be with my Dad and his wife and they already did Grand ol Opry and Jack Daniels so probably won't get to do that this time around but she's from Knoxville so it'll happen in the near future with my new step brother.

I'm probably one of the few here that thought Krambonz was overrated and not even top 3 of the bbq places I've had down that way. I realllllly need some good BBQ and some good nashville style chicken to make this trip worth it :lol:

I never even thought it was top 10. Hell personally I think City BBQ is better.  But Barrel House in Lynchburg is tied for best ever in my book. It’s them and Red Barn BBQ in Texarkana. They’ll see something new every time you do the tour because it’s not scripted, you get a different guide each time that has a different job and a different take on things. I’ve taken the tour 10-12 times now and always see something new. Definitely worth mentioning to them. Especially if they’ve not ate at Barrel House. 

Whiskey Bent Saloon is my favorite on the strip. Followed by Honkey Tonk Central. 

If Micheal Scott is playing at Whiskey Bent on the night you can go then be there. 

Kid Rock owns Honkey Tonk Central and is in there regularly playing. 

Coyote Ugly is a dive but your wife will love you for going in and letting her on the bar. 

Valet Parking at Hard Rock Cafe is best location and parking on the strip and you can park there if you’re not eating there. Otherwise use Lyft to go. 

Painters Alley is getting run down but there’s a lot of history there. 

Paradise Park has the cheapest food on the strip and is pretty good too. 

Joyride gives pretty interesting tours of the strip on golf carts for cheap. 

The Johnny Cash museum is really interesting even if you’re not into Johnny. 

Horse drawn carriages are all over on Fri and Sat, you’ll get some later for that. 

• Beer 1

On 8/16/2018 at 6:17 PM, electrode said:

Peg Leg Porker... Your Welcome

My step brothers buddy owns some bar around here and said he would take us to the best bbq joint in the state 

turns out it’s Peg Leg Porker and we’re heading there soon for lunch. Cannot wait 

• Like 1