Mid Ohio 8/20

jacobhawkins

55 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

He's so damn fast man.  Some of the CRs tried to keep up.  That was fun to watch.  Pretty sure @OSUYZFR1 passed me out of turn 1 carrying a wheelie for 400 feet.  Very cool.

Whats up with the R1 guys picking on us twin guys? @Jester_ wheelied my ass too this past weekend. :lol:

Edit: Multiple times.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

Gearing question for you 600cc guys at Mid-O; I'm banging my rev limiter for a second or two right before T1, T2, and T12. Shifting up sucks because I have to shift back down almost immediately after or my drive out of the corner sucks. Would it be better to go up a tooth in the back so I have time to shift or go down a tooth and not have quite as good of a drive but not have to shift? I'm only running up to the top of 5th on the back straight. 

This is on a 2004 R6... I think I'm running a -1 front/stock sized rear sprocket right now. Been a while since I've swapped out the sprockets/chain so I'll have to double check. 

2 hours ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Gearing question for you 600cc guys at Mid-O; I'm banging my rev limiter for a second or two right before T1, T2, and T12. Shifting up sucks because I have to shift back down almost immediately after or my drive out of the corner sucks. Would it be better to go up a tooth in the back so I have time to shift or go down a tooth and not have quite as good of a drive but not have to shift? I'm only running up to the top of 5th on the back straight. 

This is on a 2004 R6... I think I'm running a -1 front/stock sized rear sprocket right now. Been a while since I've swapped out the sprockets/chain so I'll have to double check. 

If you're barely tagging the limiter on T1/2/12 you may be able to slap a -1 or -2 rear on and be ok without losing much drive. 

8 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

He's so damn fast man.  Some of the CRs tried to keep up.  That was fun to watch.  Pretty sure @OSUYZFR1 passed me out of turn 1 carrying a wheelie for 400 feet.  Very cool.

That may have been me. Lol. I did that a few times yesterday. Seemed like I was cruising around following some buddies and then Nate would go by so I had to put my head down and see what I could do. :) I did see one 1:33.9 while following him. It was hard cause he was putting passes on guys I wasn't going to do wearing an orange jersey. Pretty fast for a track day though.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, astrohm said:

Anyone know of photographers that are at the mid ohio track days?  I haven't been to one in a while so I'm out of the loop..  Also new to the forum so hey!  I was there 8/19-20 in A.  It was good to be back.

Kyle Hunter is there on occasion. If you want digital copies of his photos you can only buy the complete set for $85 now instead of picking and choosing from what he took. Too spendy for me. I liked it when you could just buy them individually.