Lawyer recommendations Cleveland area

jschaf

For those that didn't hear yet, I spent the last week in the Trauma center due to a product defect. Don't want to or need to go into too much detail here. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer for such matters in the Cleveland area? Never having been through such an ordeal before my 1st reaction was to  call one of the law offices I hear advertising on TV. Now I'm thinking there may be better alternatives. Suggestions?  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A really good friend who is the CFO for a huge local law firm (government law) strongly recommends Jay Kelley at Elk and Elk. Yea, it is one of those TV law firms, but he is a senior partner and my understanding is that he runs his own show inside Elk and Elk more or less.

If he isn't the guy for you or he does not think you have a case he will tell you so I am told.

Edited by Tonik
  • Like 1

@what who was the coach we had at MidO when it was just two of us in his group?   Eric Spector?  Hes a motorcycle lawyer.

Yes: http://www.riderswin.com/

Jim, I talked to Eric, he does work in Ohio (he lives in Michigan) and has two other lawyers in Ohio who could be a resource for you if you haven't found anyone yet.  He's a cool dude, good rider (as if that matters here!).    

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, max power said:

Heard you had an accident.  

Hope you are ok. 

Thanks man. I should be able to walk normally in several months. Way better than being dead or paralyzed . I consider myself lucky.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Thanks man. I should be able to walk normally in several months. Way better than being dead or paralyzed . I consider myself lucky.

Damn. Glad you're alive and not paralyzed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jschaf said:

Jim I don’t want to derail your thread so I’ll just say I’m really glad you’re doing well. 

Edited by durk
  • Upvote 1

Don’t assume it’s a product defect claim. If it happened at work, you might have a worker’s comp claim. 

I like Tim Misney as a person, but he runs the business. He doesn’t do much actual legal work. 

It’s easy to shit on the TV law firms. I tend to do that unless i know the people. I know Dana Paris of Neurenber Paris. I also know David herman, who is a partner there. 

The fact is, if you have a strong case, you don’t need a great trial attorney or a high-priced firm. You want the person who will handle your case for the lowest contingent fee. 

Typical agreements are 30% of a settlement or 40% of a trial order. A smaller firm might do it for less than 30%. Remember, 97% of cases settle. 

I practiced criminal law, and recently moved to disability law, so i didn’t interact with the type of lawyer you need. 

The best advice i can give you is to interview lawyers. Don’t sign representation agreements with anyone until you talk to 3+ people. Half of running a firm is attracting business (tv), and buttering up clients. Remember, these folks do their pitch for a living, then they hand your case off to the attorneys who do the real legal work. 

Dont assume years of experience makes someone competent. Dana’s dad is the title partner at NPHM. That’s not why she has a job there. She’s crazy smart and thorough. She’s probably 31 now. Just one example. Message me if you contact Nuremberg Paris. I’ll let David or Dana know i referred you. (It’s an ethical violation for them to compensate me for referrals, so i get nothing out of it)

good luck, and sorry you were hurt. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Disclaimer said:

Glad you're OK, generally speaking.

I just want to know the name of a company that rhymes with a company that I should no longer patronize.

I'm no good at rymes  so I'll leave it at this:  Barnes Brothers, KTM, Brembo. beware.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2