My Ride Today

Howabusa

I left the house a little after 9 am this morning. The destination was southeast Ohio and route 250. I was on 586, south of Fallsburg when a pair of deer fawns jumped in front of the bike! They jumped out of the right side ditch, which had waist high weeds. I had enough time to grip the bars tighter and grab the front brake. I hit the first one and hardly felt it! I turned around and went back, the fawn was on the left edge of the road, dead. That sucked, I felt really bad. I hate to kill anything. I guess it could have been a lot worse. I could have went down. There was no damage to the bike. I would guess that the deer was 50 or 60 pounds. Well, that’s a new one, never did that before!

Glad you are OK, you were lucky, I hit a big Deer in 2008, then a mailbox and flew off the bike 10 feet away in a ditch. I ended up with a totaled 2005 FZ1, broken shoulder blade and collar bone. Wearing all the gear saved my butt. 

Fuck those deer. Glad you kept it on two, Ken.

If it was between me killing an animal vs. wadding my bike. I'll kill it every time. Only exception would be my own dog, but she's knows not to run into the street/ chase cars or bikes. She was introduced to those early.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Fuck those deer. Glad you kept it on two, Ken.

If it was between me killing an animal vs. wadding my bike. I'll kill it every time. Only exception would be my own dog, but she's knows not to run into the street/ chase cars or bikes. She was introduced to those early.

The cops told me they followed the blood and the deer couldn't have survived. BTW, I have a deer pin on all my jackets to symbolize my kill. LOL!:beating:

• Haha 1

i hit them occasionally in the pickup, but have missed them on a bike so far. damn near centerpunched a big doe on the buell earlier this year, though. i zigged and she kept going. could have been ugly.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:31 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Thought you were down to the super sport only. I was thinking about setting up a sushi date as I haven't seen ya in a while. Fuck that noise now! :thefinger:

I don't even own the Supersport anymore. You haven't seen my new ride yet. 

Also, sushi needs to happen. 

54 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I don't even own the Supersport anymore. You haven't seen my new ride yet. 

Also, sushi needs to happen. 

God damnit, yes. I'll be at PIRC next two weekends. Next next weekend is motoamerica. You should stop up!