OMRL Adkins

tall_tracy

8 minutes ago, what said:

Jacob would like to thank his sponsor, Kenda Tires.

Sticky where it matters, slippery where it counts. Kenda Tires. 

But yes, a 2-stroke 85 was running the kenda race compound tires and they seemed sticky as hell. If they do end up making some 110/16's I will make the switch. 

Someone said that was a 65, not an 85 - does anyone know for sure what it was?  I have to go back to see if I have any photos of it, it was one of my favorites.  That little bike was wicked fast.

3 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Someone said that was a 65, not an 85 - does anyone know for sure what it was?  I have to go back to see if I have any photos of it, it was one of my favorites.  That little bike was wicked fast.

It was a 65, I talked to my newest sponsor, Kenda Tires, about the bike and confirmed motor size.  Don't remember the make.  

As far as bike rental, I'll gladly let anyone here race/crash my bike as much as they want for free if you come down for a race or practice day.  It's so much fun.  First one's free.

Also, I'm happy with my '99XR for what it is, cheap and reliable, but the newer CRFs are faster probably because the motors are not as abused as the older ones.  Parts are totally interchangeable from '87 or so on.

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Beer 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

It was a 65, I talked to my newest sponsor, Kenda Tires, about the bike and confirmed motor size.  Don't remember the make.  

As far as bike rental, I'll gladly let anyone here race/crash my bike as much as they want for free if you come down for a race or practice day.  It's so much fun.  First one's free.

Also, I'm happy with my '99XR for what it is, cheap and reliable, but the newer CRFs are faster probably because the motors are not as abused as the older ones.  Parts are totally interchangeable from '87 or so on.

just freshen up that motor and your good to go

6 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

when's the next time omrl is running or practicing close to cleveland area?  is this track the closest to cleveland or are there other tracks?  this one is 1.5 hrs away, so not horrible.  do any of the other racers bring their kids/family, so if i were to bring my daughter, she could have someone to play with while i make a fool of myself?

2 minutes ago, jbot said:

when's the next time omrl is running or practicing close to cleveland area?  is this track the closest to cleveland or are there other tracks?  this one is 1.5 hrs away, so not horrible.  do any of the other racers bring their kids/family, so if i were to bring my daughter, she could have someone to play with while i make a fool of myself?

Adkins and PIRC are the two closest to CLE... the other tracks are Circleville and G&J.

PIRC is great but the most expensive cause they charge an arm and a leg to rent the kart track.  

Unfortunately the last 4 races of the season are only G&J and CRP

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jbot said:

There's usually a mob of kids running/biking/scootering around the pit area. 

• Upvote 1

Kids under 12 race free and have their own ~50cc class.  MX gear is fine for them.  Obviously leathers are best, but if the kid isn't running a hot pace, nobody cares.  Hell, there's a kid who raced in snow pants and boots on a bike with knobbies.  It's all about the fun.

14 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

I feel like I need the story here?

@kbrok was lapped traffic during practice and didn't know I was coming up fast on the corner before and I got nudged into the grass.  All in good fun, but I had to show my displeasure.  

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

@kbrok was lapped traffic during practice and didn't know I was coming up fast on the corner before and I got nudged into the grass.  All in good fun, but I had to show my displeasure.  

I'm so glad I got lucky and caught this on camera.  :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Lapped traffic... gonna let him talk about you like that @kbrok?

Kevin was getting familiar with the antiquated OMRL machine.   It's a little different than his RSV4.  

All I can say is that at least he was out there giving it a go... unlike some people... :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Kevin was getting familiar with the antiquated OMRL machine.   It's a little different than his RSV4.  

All I can say is that at least he was out there giving it a go... unlike some people... :shrug: 

Someone tried to get me to wear your Bilt suit once you put on the A* one so I could get out on the track during practice...   :lol: #schweatysuit

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Lapped traffic... gonna let him talk about you like that @kbrok?

These things are complete different ballgame to learn on. Cant ride them like they have 200hp. I was waiting to long to power oit of corners

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Yeah, I gotta give the guy a hard time when his real bike makes the power of 25 XRs!  It's one reason I love it so much, make fun of your buddies in the pits and on track and laugh about it all night.

The shot @tall_tracy got of me on the ground with a tipped over xr?  I fell over coming into the pits after the last practice Saturday afternoon.  Like a dumbass.  Hahaha

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Upvote 1