How many FJRs on here?

Howabusa

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

I had one, probably get another someday.  It's been my avitar for a while.

Speaking of you're avitar....a while ago we were on a ride and if I remember correctly  you was riding sweep.Every time I looked in my mirror to see if everyone was o.k. I immediately saw your high viz helmet.That day I decided to get a high viz helmet. I now ride in a Shoei high viz yellow helmet and a Aerostith R-3 with yellow viz accents.Thanks...sometimes you can make people safer and you don't even know you did it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, silentcropduster said:

How ironic of a post, I'm looking for an FJR 2013+ currently I have a 2010 Yamaha FZ1.

Thomas - keep looking & try craigslist. Last weekend I narrowed it down to the 2016 that I bought or a 2014 in New Philly that had been on the list for a month or so. That one seems to be gone now. There are several older ones nearby. Or this one in NE Tennessee for $7600 looks pretty good. The owner has offered to replace the rear car tire. Sheesh. 

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/174882-2014-fjr1300a-for-sale-in-east-tennessee/

You should be able to find deals on the older ones. The mileage almost doesn't count. The quality of owner maintenance is far more important. Keep in mind that the heat deflection and throttle management got better for 2008 & later. 2013 and later have ABS & cruise.

Chris

14 minutes ago, Shoop said:

Thomas - keep looking & try craigslist. Last weekend I narrowed it down to the 2016 that I bought or a 2014 in New Philly that had been on the list for a month or so. That one seems to be gone now. There are several older ones nearby. Or this one in NE Tennessee for $7600 looks pretty good. The owner has offered to replace the rear car tire. Sheesh. 

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/174882-2014-fjr1300a-for-sale-in-east-tennessee/

You should be able to find deals on the older ones. The mileage almost doesn't count. The quality of owner maintenance is far more important. Keep in mind that the heat deflection and throttle management got better for 2008 & later. 2013 and later have ABS & cruise.

Chris

I would definitely get one with cruise control.It makes long rides so much more comfortable and enjoyable to be able to take your hand off the bar and move around.Even on shorter rides it comes in handy.

I'm having trouble letting go of my FZ1 unfortunately. The FJR just isnt as raw as the FJR. I rode a friends 2013 a few weeks back. My FZ1 has pretty much literally every performance mod you can do to it. I know you dont buy an FJR for crazy liter bike acceleration,  but I wanna have my cake and eat it too lol. 

Chris - I'm aware of that 7600 fjr in TN etc. I refuse to buy 1 that's older than 2013. 

The FJR sure is comfy though and prob 80% as fast as my FZ1. I'd be giving up some performance for a much more comfortable ride that I could travel 8+ hours a day easily...just have 2 convince myself 2 pull the trigger!

Edited by silentcropduster
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, silentcropduster said:

I'm having trouble letting go of my FZ1 unfortunately. The FJR just isnt as raw as the FJR. I rode a friends 2013 a few weeks back. My FZ1 has pretty much literally every performance mod you can do to it. I know you dont buy an FJR for crazy liter bike acceleration,  but I wanna have my cake and eat it too lol. 

Chris - I'm aware of that 7600 fjr in TN etc. I refuse to buy 1 that's older than 2013. 

The FJR sure is comfy though and prob 80% as fast as my FZ1. I'd be giving up some performance for a much more comfortable ride that I could travel 8+ hours a day easily...just have 2 convince myself 2 pull the trigger!

Have both...

FZ for twisty fun and FJR for everything else!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, silentcropduster said:

Literally not enough room in the garage & the wife will stab me, shes shown me the knife haha

I'm keeping my FZ6, for now, but I'm really enjoying the FJR. 

Do what I did. To clear up garage space and overcome wifely objections, I agreed to complete the refinishing of an old dresser so it can move to the family room. No knives involved.😌

Chris

Dave - Good luck with the medical issue!

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2018 at 10:36 PM, whaler said:

Have both...

FZ for twisty fun and FJR for everything else!

This would be my ultimate goal but I’m in the same position as Tom. Wife says no more plated machines until I sell one.  

Ninjadoc sold his and not to me.

• Beer 1

On 7/30/2018 at 10:29 AM, Shoop said:

Dave - Good luck with the medical issue!

Thanks man. I've got some vertigo issues going on. I actually had the same problem at the end of the group ride this past spring. I chalked it up to possible dehydration or heat exhaustion. Turns out my BP was pretty high. Taking meds for it now, but am still having some slight dizziness feeling while driving. So I'm not even going to consider swinging a leg over the bike. I suppose if all else fails, I can get a Corvette...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, thompsonian said:

Thanks man. I've got some vertigo issues going on. I actually had the same problem at the end of the group ride this past spring. I chalked it up to possible dehydration or heat exhaustion. Turns out my BP was pretty high. Taking meds for it now, but am still having some slight dizziness feeling while driving. So I'm not even going to consider swinging a leg over the bike. I suppose if all else fails, I can get a Corvette...

Dave hang in there. My Dad dealt with vertigo a few years ago. He works construction and is up and down ladders and such. They gave him some exercises to do that helped. Then he slowly started climbing ladders and such around his house. Last year he walked the wall with me on my pole barn as we set trusses. For the most part he is back 100%. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, durk said:

Dave hang in there. My Dad dealt with vertigo a few years ago. He works construction and is up and down ladders and such. They gave him some exercises to do that helped. Then he slowly started climbing ladders and such around his house. Last year he walked the wall with me on my pole barn as we set trusses. For the most part he is back 100%. 

I'll have to try those out. Co-worker told me this am about a chiropractor here in town that specializes in folks dealing with vertigo. Had some neck x-rays done and have some degeneration around C5-C6. Looking at a CT scan next to make sure and rule out all possibilities.