SE Ohio ride 7.28.2018

Myk88

I took a little 267 mile ride on the Shadow today. We started out in Woodsfield and headed West on SR 78. Stopped in Caldwell for some breakfast and continued out 78 to McConnellsvile. We continued on 78 just outside of McConnellsville to a left on SR 377. Be careful here, as the left is at the top of a blind hill. Took 377 all the way to the end at Sharpsburg on SR550. I must say, 377 was awesome. a few series of twisties and the rest was almost constant fast sweepers.

From there we continued on 550 to Athens. 550 is newly paved from Sharpsburg almost to Athens. Then it was off to SR 56 all the way to Hocking Hills State Park area. Turned up 374 out to 664 (left) then back to 56 (left) then left again back across 374 to 664 (right) then to Logan. Gassed up in Logan and headed up 93 to New Lexington. From there we shot across Tunnel Hill road to 669, and followed that all the way back to Malta/McConnellsville again, then 78 back to Woodsfield. All in all a great ride. HHSP was packed with tourists of course, but most of the roads elsewhere were sparse traffic and great pavement.

• Upvote 4

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, whaler said:

We rode many of the same roads today, a little over 400 miles at the end of the day.

This^  It was a fabulous day to be out riding!  I am sure we passed each other somewhere, we were on all the same roads you listed.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, Wolfman1 said:

This^  It was a fabulous day to be out riding!  I am sure we passed each other somewhere, we were on all the same roads you listed.

If we did pass, I waved!

• Beer 1