Go West Young Man!! (Justin and Tim's westward adventure) Pictures and Ride Reports

2talltim

23 hours ago, Casper said:

Glad to hear you all had an awesome trip and made it home safely! 

Thanks man. The hardest part of this trip to believe is we didnt get wet once. Got spit on a few times and had rain chase us but not once did I need my rain gear. Put it on once for 15 miles but it wasnt needed. Ran mesh jacket and gloves the entire trip.

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

What an epic ride man!  Great pics and writeup.

Looking at your room costs, I assume this is after you guys split the cost of a room?  The wife and I are thinking about a similar trip but the cost of rooms is quite a bit higher....

13 minutes ago, ohiomike said:

What an epic ride man!  Great pics and writeup.

Looking at your room costs, I assume this is after you guys split the cost of a room?  The wife and I are thinking about a similar trip but the cost of rooms is quite a bit higher....

Thanks it truly was a epic trip.

That was our total room cost before split. A lot of those rooms were booked 8 mobths in advance and we played the reward points game a little that saved us a couple hundred. The hotels werent all top knotch but they were bug free and decent.

Good to know, thanks.  We're going to try Beartooth Pass, Glacier Park, Durango Col for their train ride then ride up through Col to Rocky Nat Park, Belt, Mt.  Trying to cram in as much as we can for 2 weeks.  Your post here is an inspiration while looking out at winter....lol.

19 minutes ago, ohiomike said:

The wife and I are thinking about a similar trip but the cost of rooms is quite a bit higher....

I play the whyndham hotels reward game. I also get a discount that beats most because im a timeshare owner on the whyndham hotel website put 1000008722 in for a corperate code to get my discount and see of that helps ya. Also stear clear of the heavy tourist areas on the weekends prices will always be though the roof. Plus don't be afriad to stay in the next town over to save a few bucks.

21 hours ago, ohiomike said:

Good to know, thanks.  We're going to try Beartooth Pass, Glacier Park, Durango Col for their train ride then ride up through Col to Rocky Nat Park, Belt, Mt.  Trying to cram in as much as we can for 2 weeks.  Your post here is an inspiration while looking out at winter....lol.

Recommend adding Telluride and Silverton on your list if not already.  Touristy, but worth the stop.