Where to order Ducati parts?

Casper

5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Prepare your anus.......... I mean checkbook. Prepare both if you are trying to get Ducati branded anything.

You've obviously never shopped for Triumph stuff... 

Just now, Pauly said:

I will remember you said that. 

Accessories from Ducati are very reasonably priced for the most part. For quick antidotal evidence, just look at the billet front brake reservoirs. $95 for Triumph, $75 for Ducati. The tank bag is another one, $140 Ducati and $165 Triumph. Of course there are the obvious "WTF?" items like exhaust. Ducati must be smoking some good shit. I'm more worried about replacing broken parts later. A lot more electronics and expensive parts on the Ducati. For what I'm looking for, the Ducati part is actually cheaper than even most aftermarket options (high navigation mount). There's a cheaper option from SW-Moto but it seems to have issues with vibrations and is only $20 cheaper. Also, I like the stock top case. I have a matching lock tumbler or whatever so I can stay with one key for all luggage. And the price isn't horrible for OEM luggage. On par with most of the other manufacturers. 

1 minute ago, tall_tracy said:

Motowheels.com

I found them when shopping for my rearsets and have purchased oil thru them because I can't find Shell Advance 4T Ultra anywhere local.

Advance Auto Parts carries it. 

21 minutes ago, Casper said:

Accessories from Ducati are very reasonably priced for the most part. For quick antidotal evidence, just look at the billet front brake reservoirs. $95 for Triumph, $75 for Ducati. The tank bag is another one, $140 Ducati and $165 Triumph. Of course there are the obvious "WTF?" items like exhaust. Ducati must be smoking some good shit. I'm more worried about replacing broken parts later. A lot more electronics and expensive parts on the Ducati. For what I'm looking for, the Ducati part is actually cheaper than even most aftermarket options (high navigation mount). There's a cheaper option from SW-Moto but it seems to have issues with vibrations and is only $20 cheaper. Also, I like the stock top case. I have a matching lock tumbler or whatever so I can stay with one key for all luggage. And the price isn't horrible for OEM luggage. On par with most of the other manufacturers. 

Advance Auto Parts carries it. 

I'm glad you're having better luck with pricing on what you're looking for.  My rearsets were astronomical even with the sale price I paid.

And thanks - I'll have to check out Advance Auto near me.  :D

I'll never own motorcycle specific hard luggage again.  The price is stupid, the quality is mediocre, and they always get scratched up.

Pelican and Seahorse cases are higher quality and much cheaper.  There are plenty of mounting options.

Also the waterproof, roll top bags used by ADV riders hold more and are more durable.

I went with a Krauser top wing and case. Unfortunately, the company restructured and I've not seen much gear sold for years. Still working on hacking a copy of the mating part to use on a smaller cheap top case. Side case frames are the SW-Moto quick release with locks. Old style round tubing instead of the flat frame. Rigged two types of Pelican cases to fit. Might add fuel/tool tubes under or inside frame. Any motorcycle luggage is crazy expensive. And did get waterproof bags to strap on top. Will rig tie downs or make racks on top of the cases.

Now I just need to go camping somewhere...

Edited by ReconRat

2 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

I'm glad you're having better luck with pricing on what you're looking for.  My rearsets were astronomical even with the sale price I paid.

And thanks - I'll have to check out Advance Auto near me.  :D

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/shell-advance-15w-50-motorcycle-oil-1-litre-550037980/11438356-P 

You can check the local inventory online. 

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I'll never own motorcycle specific hard luggage again.  The price is stupid, the quality is mediocre, and they always get scratched up.

Pelican and Seahorse cases are higher quality and much cheaper.  There are plenty of mounting options.

Also the waterproof, roll top bags used by ADV riders hold more and are more durable.

Bike came with the side cases. For roll up bags, check out my review of the Kreiga stuff: 

36 minutes ago, Casper said:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/shell-advance-15w-50-motorcycle-oil-1-litre-550037980/11438356-P 

You can check the local inventory online. 

Bike came with the side cases. For roll up bags, check out my review of the Kreiga stuff: 

I didn't realize you could - thanks bunches!

And I love my Kriega bags, that's what I use when I go moto-camping.  I've got a 30L and a 10L and they fit everything I need for a weekend trip and, most importantly, keep everything dry.

Tried to edit the post above but can't figure out how to do it. Why does Casper keep breaking the software?

Shad makes the factory cases for my bike so their stuff is good quality. The service from the USA distributor is a little lacking however unless you buy from them through EBay.

48 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Tried to edit the post above but can't figure out how to do it. Why does Casper keep breaking the software?

Shad makes the factory cases for my bike so their stuff is good quality. The service from the USA distributor is a little lacking however unless you buy from them through EBay.

You have to pay money to edit posts now 🤷‍♂️