WV recommendations Marietta to Beckley W. of 64/77

Mary#17

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I think the riding on the NE of Beckley is better than the SW section of the state.

I also seem to recall some areas over there were prone to flooding and road closures.

Ok. Maybe will stick the tried and true on the east side. 

7 minutes ago, Mary#17 said:

@Tpoppa

Side topic - are you aware of any good roads in PA? 

Back in the CORE days, there used to be a Pittsburgh sport bike forum called Steel City Riders.  We'd get together with them from time to time.  I know they did most of their street riding in WV & SE OH...little in PA.  I personally haven't ridden much in PA, sorry.  

• Like 1

Just south of Charleston pick up 94 west to 3. Run 3 south to Beckley. I have always enjoyed that road. North of Charleston, dunno....not really many roads there period.

Edited by Tonik
Casper sucks.

This is a route I ran a couple years ago in Pennsylvania. 

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/list/1/us/oh/jefferson/to/us/pennsylvania/endeavor-pa-283592014/to/us/pennsylvania/sheffield-pa-282026534/to/us/pennsylvania/bradford-pa-282027830/to/us/pennsylvania/stickney-pa-283397088/to/near-41.838206,-79.178092/to/us/pennsylvania/corry-pa-282034711/to/us/oh/jefferson?ogimageStrokeColor=#5882fa

The best roads are probably 27 from Meadville to Titusville, 770, was fun, and 346 if you ignore the 35mph limit. 666 would be more fun if it was in better shape. I’m not sure where you’re coming from but to me the place to start that route is Meadville. SEO is definitely better than this, but the route entertained me. 

I prefer SEO and WV as well but there are times where it's raining down south and nice in PA. :)  My husband and I have limited weekend opportunities for overnight trips so I've been trying to figure out alternates if the weather is crappy on our usual routes. It just doesn't seem like it really exists within the distance we are looking at. Oh well. Worth a try. 

Depends on how long you want to take to  reach Beckley. Pick up 31S in Williamstown, just across the river and run it US50. Then pick up 16 all the way in.  Drops you in on the north side of Beckley. Or run a bit north on 7 to Newport, cross  over at St Marys, then run the entire length of 16. Or if you don't mind some slab, take I77 to Mineral Wells, pick up 21S to Sissonville. Pick 77 back up for a short run on 77 to Charleston. Pick up 119 to Danville. Then 85 to 99 to 3 to West Beckley. 

Edited by thompsonian