Suzuki demo days at Iron Pony

jacobhawkins

What time? The GF is taking scuba classes right down the road from Iron Pony tomorrow from 4-8PM and I'm just going to be sitting around bored for four hours... I'll come beat up on some bikes if it's still going on!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

What all did they have in the demo fleet?

Seemed like everything.  Didn't visually confirm busa, but they had one at PIRC demo days at last year's MotoAmerica race.  Saw several GSXRs, both sizes of the Stroms, various cruisers, etc.

Edited by jacobhawkins

I was over there for a bit yesterday.  I was surprised to see that they had a GSXR 1000.  In the fleet.  I was tempted to try it but I was short on time.  How are the  wait times today?

Edited by Wojo72

3 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

I was over there for a bit yesterday.  I was surprised to see that they had a GSXR 1000.  In the fleet.  I was tempted to try it but I was short on time.  How are the  wait times today?

Because the busa is your typical demo bike? 😉 They're behind schedule but i only waited 1.5 laps. 8 riders at a time unless they put in another spotter. not many are getting in for a 2nd go.(lower priority) 

Edited by motocat12

On 7/14/2018 at 9:11 PM, jacobhawkins said:

You and @B-Mac should go on an ADV ride sometime.  I'm going to sell one in the garage to get a strom based on one ride with him.

I rode with him Saturday. Been street riding with him before and he’s smooth and runs a great pace, but dude is a beast on that strom in the dirt.  You should try the DR also.  I wish I didn’t sell the one I had for a short time. The XR650L is a great bike, especially off road, but the DR has excellent road manners and is still off road capable.

i don’t think everyone can rock a vstrom off road like bmac does.  

I might have seen you, I was in the 11:45 group and maybe talked to you briefly about the gsxr 750 afterwards. I want to to try some other bikes, but didn't want to wait around on standby.