Mid-Ohio Track Day 9-3-18 (Labor Day)

DerekClouser

1 hour ago, jhughes said:

All full Monday maybe?  I tried to sign up online and it said item is no longer  available 

I tried calling Thursday and Friday to get the info you were asking for regarding the cert and nobody answered the phone. Gwen told me Wednesday that walk-ups would be fine for Monday but who knows if that has changed since then. 

Edited by what

1 hour ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Had another great track day! Anyone hear from Todd? Hopefully he didn't break anything...

Good day overall.  His wrist is broken, assume finger as well, but he didn't confirm that. Also, a "foreign body" inside his shoulder.  Going to let everything heal on it's own, no surgery.

5 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I think Gwen is overworked and couldn't be at the phones as much as normal.

I agree,she's probably overworked.

Still should have someone answer messages and emails.

All good tho,I'll save my cert for another day.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:49 PM, jacobhawkins said:

Track was great today,  cars didn't muck it all up.  Cant wait to see ya'll Monday!  I rode Mike's S1000RR on MR12 for a few laps.  Have mercy, that thing is fast, amazing brakes, incredible bike.  If I got a full session in and I think I could put in one hell of a best lap.

20180831_184448.jpg

That was a great day of riding, couldn’t have been more than 30 people there. In novice, I was the only person with my instructor most of the time. My tent is the green one in the background. The guy next to me with the Suzuki wrecked pretty hard in front of me doing leap frog.  I still haven’t met up with any of you but in novice, I don’t get much time to mingle. 

• Upvote 1

The biggest issue I had Monday was my face muscles were getting sore from grinning so much.  This was my 2nd track day, both at mid-Ohio.  I was in the "fast" novice group and we had 2 or 3 riders + the coach for all sessions.  Chicken strips are gone, but instructor Rob told me I need to move my body off the bike more to get quicker.  A rider following me told me after a session that I left a long bitchin' ass black mark from the rear wheel coming out of the keyhole.  Hell yea!  I'm planning on going again on 9/17.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TMC Customs said:

That was a great day of riding, couldn’t have been more than 30 people there. In novice, I was the only person with my instructor most of the time. My tent is the green one in the background. The guy next to me with the Suzuki wrecked pretty hard in front of me doing leap frog.  I still haven’t met up with any of you but in novice, I don’t get much time to mingle. 

You plan to be there any time soon again?  I'll be there a few more times this season, come over and say hey!  There must have been two or three other guys between us.