Mid-Ohio Track Day 9-3-18 (Labor Day)

DerekClouser

47 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

What's the best place to buy track days at Pitt?  What's the normal cost for each track day?  I'm really wanting to try out Pitt, just paying $300 is a bit hefty IMHO.

I also buy an elite membership and track day package and each of my days averages out to be about $170 a day. Which is less than a walk up day on pretty much any track besides maybe NC Bike. Yes certs at Mid-O are less expensive, but you can use N2 days for any of the tracks (notice I said tracks, as in multiple) they run. Most of which are far more expensive than $170 a day.

As soon as you get onto another track you'll realize how bad Mid-O's surface really is comparatively.

9 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

I want to try it, looks fun.

On paper it looks fun. It would be fun on a mini, maybe a ninja 250. I rode the 1k on there this year and was in 2-3 gear all day.

Edited by TimTheAzn

28 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I also buy an elite membership and track day package and each of my days averages out to be about $170 a day. Which is less than a walk up day on pretty much any track besides maybe NC Bike. Yes certs at Mid-O are less expensive, but you can use N2 days for any of the tracks (notice I said tracks, as in multiple) they run. Most of which are far more expensive than $170 a day.

As soon as you get onto another track you'll realize how bad Mid-O's surface really is comparatively.

On paper it looks fun. It would be fun on a mini, maybe a ninja 250. I rode the 1k on there this year and was in 2-3 gear all day.

I don't think anyone is saying the mid ohio isn't bad surface compared to most.  Its not the best its not the worst.  I had no problems besides rear end scooting out a bit on keyhole and that awful patch at the end of backstraight

4 minutes ago, kbrok said:

I don't think anyone is saying the mid ohio isn't bad surface compared to most.  Its not the best its not the worst.  I had no problems besides rear end scooting out a bit on keyhole and that awful patch at the end of backstraight

It may be the worse now that Nelsons got a re-pave. I haven't made it north or west so idk about for example Grattan.

Nelsons, PIRC, and Summit Main all got repaved within the last year give or take. Nelson having the worst pavement from what I've heard. But now its nice.

I'm not saying Mid-O is terrible. There are just other places I'd rather ride right now, places I go to more than once a year that I'd like to continue to get faster at.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, DerekClouser said:

@durk   Sorry, I lost your email but here are a few of the pics I took of you.  

IMG_0848-1

IMG_0845-1

IMG_0839-1

IMG_0837-1

IMG_0835-1

IMG_0833-1

IMG_0815-1

always liked this color scheme on these bikes

37 minutes ago, kbrok said:

always liked this color scheme on these bikes

I actually bought EBay China plastic that is the black/silver color scheme that I run on the street because I don’t like the blue/yellow.  You’re not the first to say they like the blue/yellow, so maybe I just have bad taste. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting update.  MidOhio is running motorcycle track days the Friday, Saturday, Sunday before Labor Day on Monday.  The day will start at 2:30, show up by 1:00 for tech and riders meeting, and end at 8:00 or whenever it get too dark or dewy to run.  $170, no late fees, open to all groups.  I'm tempted.  Thing is though, I bought all my certs last year, so when I go to a day now, it's like it's "free".  Might feel weird actually buying one this year.