Mid-Ohio Track Day 9-3-18 (Labor Day)

DerekClouser

While, I'm sure there are many other great tracks, I can't think of a track besides Pitt Race that is any better that isn't 6+ hours away.   But Mid-Ohio is half the price of Pitt.  and more local to everyone in Ohio.  

Anyways, I'll be there with Jacob, Andy, and some others for anyone who wants to go.  

Also if you don't like mid-ohio and you have some certs, send me a PM... I'd be happy to take them off your hands. 

47 minutes ago, kbrok said:

as far as facilities I don't know if anyone remembers last year at the OR trackday.  I sat down on toilet and it wasn't bolted down and me and the toilet fell into the wall and I was pinned for a few seconds fighting for my life haha

Thanks to whoever it was that loaned me that wrench....  :lol:

I can't wait to sneak into another track mens room and do this (again)...   

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Half price? I want what your smoking. Pitt is the same price-$20 more.

I guess I've been purchasing Certs at 140 for Mid-Ohio and I always see 285 for Pitt Race... But I guess walkup price is like 210 for Mid-Ohio.

3 hours ago, what said:

It's day-by-day there. Monday was not great grip wise session 1 (from what I hear), Tuesday was fine during session 1. Though to be fair, more often than not grip is not great there the first session. 

Yeah I know, I coached there for the last 4 years and have been riding there since 2009. It’s nothing like it was 5 years ago and it just annoys me when everyone acts like it’s unrideable in the morning. You have to be careful but you can still put down some decent times. 

26 minutes ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

Yeah I know, I coached there for the last 4 years and have been riding there since 2009. It’s nothing like it was 5 years ago and it just annoys me when everyone acts like it’s unrideable in the morning. You have to be careful but you can still put down some decent times. 

Ah ok. Yeah I've had days where I go out the first session and just about lose the front or rear going 30 mph around keyhole and days like yesterday where it's knee down no problemo in session one lap 2. I'm not brave enough to push on lap one really in any session though :p 

Edited by what

1 hour ago, J_Copeland said:

And it's repaved,fast and a blast to ride.

I say NL FTW !

And I say not the holiday weekend because I'll be on vacation in Louisville visiting distilleries and breweries and eating bbq and having drunk sex.

Now now, Timmy...

I ain't a pro, never will be, but I like to ride my motorcycle in a safe and friendly atmosphere as hard as I can.  Mid Ohio fills that desire pretty well for me, and no, it isnt perfect, nothing ever is.  But, damn man, it's a fucking race track, they want you to go fast and corner better and brake better and embarrass your friends on their stupid liter bikes.  It doesn't get much better than that.  

:ilikebikes:

Edited by jacobhawkins
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

It's as though you don't remember all the years they did race at mid-o....

Exactly why I said currently. I got your message btw, I'll let you know if I decide to sell it here soon.

Also the only reason I said that was to rebuttal Andy's comment. :lol::popcorn:

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Exactly why I said currently. I got your message btw, I'll let you know if I decide to sell it here soon.

What's the best place to buy track days at Pitt?  What's the normal cost for each track day?  I'm really wanting to try out Pitt, just paying $300 is a bit hefty IMHO.

1 minute ago, DerekClouser said:

What's the best place to buy track days at Pitt?  What's the normal cost for each track day?  I'm really wanting to try out Pitt, just paying $300 is a bit hefty IMHO.

N2 was about $250 when I went.

I buy 12 days with N2 over the winter. It's like 1800 or so and you get an elite membership which allows you to cancel a day up to 8am the day of an event, maybe its 9am. It could have been a little more this year, cant remember.

41 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Not trying to get into what track has a bigger dick fight, I don't really care. I like to go fast, work on lap times and pay as little as I can to do so. Don't need to ride on the same track as current pro circuit to feel validated. 

That said, I'll eventually get to pitt, summit, nelsons, grattan, vir, road atlanta, road america, jennings, barber and wherever else when I can. Hopefully at least one of them this year. A track is a track though. 

Edited by what