Anyone Own an IXS Suit??

Hollywood33

Has anyone bought one of those IXS suits from Iron Pony? I was up there tonight and the $299 price tag caught my eye. I thought they were going to be junk for sure, but then I looked closely at one and was very surprised. The quality looked great! I talked to one of the sales reps and kind of got the scoop on them. Apparently IXS is a decent Swedish brand and IP bought a shit ton of suits from them. Supposedly they retail for around $950 (not sure I believe that). Whatever Euro reviews I could find looked pretty good. Also, the size 46 they have fits me perfect! Which is rare for me off the shelf.

I'm about to go buy one for me and one for my buddy. Anybody own one of these and have any feedback? More importantly, has anyone crashed in one of these? I'll take any info I can get. Thanks in advance!

I do remember when I worked at Iron pony the owner would buy massive deals like that and that's how they sell stuff so cheap on closeout. Like ordering thousands of pairs of gloves at the same time. $900 retail doesn't seem unreasonable... Iron Pony may not get the best rep on this site, but it's pretty well known their closeout section can have some real gems

Sweet. Thanks, guys! I picked up a couple tonight. The more I look at the thing the happier I am with the buy. It looks every bit as good if not better than the Alpinestars suits I've had in the past. And the fit off the rack is nearly perfect for me, which is rare.

I'll try to remember to post a review back here after some use.

• Upvote 2

I have 2 pair of the IXS RS-200 gloves and I'm very impressed with the quality and comfort.  I have found myself choosing these gauntlets over other gloves on my shelf even in the heat we've been having. 

Don't buy them without trying them on first - I thought sizing was way off.  IP has them on the clearance rack in several colors.