Mid Ohio 7/9

jacobhawkins

13 minutes ago, durk said:

Just signed up. I’ll be staying in my truck Sunday night. If you need someone to share cost of a garage I can do that or I have a canopy I can use. Tried to sign up for intermediate as Todd mentioned. They would not let me do it. So novice it is. Bike is almost completely ready, I just need to swap out the tail section and remove my plate. Took it for a quick rip into town all geared up. The back protector is going to take some time to get used to. 

back protector makes things a little tighter but you get used to it, and start to feel naked when you don't wear it while riding. 

25 minutes ago, durk said:

Just signed up. I’ll be staying in my truck Sunday night. If you need someone to share cost of a garage I can do that or I have a canopy I can use. Tried to sign up for intermediate as Todd mentioned. They would not let me do it. So novice it is. Bike is almost completely ready, I just need to swap out the tail section and remove my plate. Took it for a quick rip into town all geared up. The back protector is going to take some time to get used to. 

Garages are $50 each.  If not enough people want to join in for the second, I'll cancel it.  Just wanted to have the option of having everyone together.

5 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Reserving garages now.  I got two, 15 and 16.  All are welcome! 

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Garages are $50 each.  If not enough people want to join in for the second, I'll cancel it.  Just wanted to have the option of having everyone together.

Jacob, thanks much for getting the two garages reserved! I'm fine if we split costs with 2-5 bikes per garage. I wouldn't cancel the second garage. Just to be clear though, I'm only going to be riding on Monday.

Do you have a current count of confirmed people to share your garages? Seems like we were in the 6-7 range.

I'm hoping to get down there earlier than later on Sunday, would be cool to see some of the Vintage bike racing if it is still going by then.

Since this is my first time riding at Mid-Ohio, per their rules, I was forced to sign-up for Novice (like someone else mentioned as well) even though I've been riding with STT over several years (mostly at Grattan and GingerMan). Hopefully I can get bumped up during the first session (or maybe even before if they are willing when I talk with them at the track?).

4 minutes ago, MatthewPowerPlug said:

Jacob, thanks much for getting the two garages reserved! I'm fine if we split costs with 2-5 bikes per garage. I wouldn't cancel the second garage. Just to be clear though, I'm only going to be riding on Monday.

Do you have a current count of confirmed people to share your garages? Seems like we were in the 6-7 range.

I'm hoping to get down there earlier than later on Sunday, would be cool to see some of the Vintage bike racing if it is still going by then.

Since this is my first time riding at Mid-Ohio, per their rules, I was forced to sign-up for Novice (like someone else mentioned as well) even though I've been riding with STT over several years (mostly at Grattan and GingerMan). Hopefully I can get bumped up during the first session (or maybe even before if they are willing when I talk with them at the track?).

Just speak with a CR in the morning and tell them you'd like an evaluation for a bump to I. I doubt you'll get get a bump before an eval. What will probably happen is, after speaking with a CR in the morning before/after rider's meeting, you will go out for Novice session 1, then you'll go back out during the I session right afterward for an eval with one of the CRs. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, what said:

Just speak with a CR in the morning and tell them you'd like an evaluation for a bump to I. I doubt you'll get get a bump before an eval. What will probably happen is, after speaking with a CR in the morning before/after rider's meeting, you will go out for Novice session 1, then you'll go back out during the I session right afterward for an eval with one of the CRs. 

Sounds good, it helps to know what to expect from others' knowledge of how Mid-Ohio runs their track days.

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

@durk why wouldn’t they let you sign in I ? 

The lady said they have to give you the bump essentially. She asked if I had ridden before with Mid O in intermediate. I told her no but I had ridden there last year in novice. She said that she was going to sign me up for novice but to speak with the CR about the bump. 

7 minutes ago, durk said:

The lady said they have to give you the bump essentially. She asked if I had ridden before with Mid O in intermediate. I told her no but I had ridden there last year in novice. She said that she was going to sign me up for novice but to speak with the CR about the bump. 

1 hour ago, MatthewPowerPlug said:

Sounds good, it helps to know what to expect from others' knowledge of how Mid-Ohio runs their track days.

We'll get it sorted out quickly.  I'm not worried.  Like Andy said, talk to the CR in your novice group and talk to the I group CR and you'll likely move along in the first couple sessions.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:36 PM, MatthewPowerPlug said:

Todd (not the midget) @bandit, Matthew @MatthewPowerPlug, Nathan @Limitedslip7, George @i-Zapp, Rick @durk, Me.  @street pilot?

Of course the more the merrier, have a buddy coming around 2 on his RSV4 for an evening "private fancy boy" session.  I'll hang around, might stay for Tuesday also if I'm not beat to hell.  @what should be around for Tuesday and it'll be fun to ride with him.

Edited by jacobhawkins

Hey I’ve also reserved a garage. Sounds like we may even be over-garaged now. Pretty sure they gave me #18.  I’ll write “I-zapp” on a pitboard out front. It’d be cool if I could at least split with one other. Riding A group fwiw. 

Also - Nathan, I’ll bring the PTR gift certs for your buddy. 

Edited by i-Zapp

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, jacobhawkins said:

Yeah, doesn't seem like hes on here much...  haha!

I even volunteered to be his pit bitch/umbrella boy.  That's how fancy he is!

Damn Full Service.  And yeah I have 44 posts I don't come on here much and prolly 40 of them is me being a sarcastic dick about something haha

Edited by kbrok

Bike loaded up and pretty much all set to leave in about an hour after I run to town for dinner with my daughter. Looking forward to beating on the bike tomorrow. 

OMlp44b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/6/2018 at 4:50 PM, jacobhawkins said:

Todd (not the midget) @bandit, Matthew @MatthewPowerPlug, Nathan @Limitedslip7, George @i-Zapp, Rick @durk, Me.  @street pilot?

Of course the more the merrier, have a buddy coming around 2 on his RSV4 for an evening "private fancy boy" session.  I'll hang around, might stay for Tuesday also if I'm not beat to hell.  @DerekClouser and @what should be around for Tuesday and it'll be fun to ride with them.

Don’t worry about including me in the garage I wasn’t planning on it. The sun might help my spray paint dry HA!

but I can chip in if I’m upsetting the balance for everyone else. 

• Upvote 1