Class 1 hitch ok to tow bike and trailer?

Gixxus Christ!

1 hour ago, GSX-Sam said:

I'm in quality, I dont run a machine. If I did I would still have to source material as the company I work for keeps tabs on those kinds of things.  Vintage bikes dont have hollow rear axles and thus cant be used with the trs anyway without fabricating something to clamp onto the swingarm, and then theres the possibility of the bike moving forward or back. Easier to use a chock and straps, or maybe whatever a canyon dancer is.

It’s so easy man and no need for hollow axle. Hell Zuma doesn’t even have an axle. All you need is pipe and a welder. I had about $15 into my Zuma pins. 

And hooked to the lower shock bolts on zuma

That’s what a did for Zuma. No hollow axle needed. PitBull makes for solid axle too, they just capture the hex head. But you can very easily make a pin for literally anything. People make them to lock rolling tool boxes, storage chests, large coolers, everything. If it’s on a trailer and you want it to stay you can hook it to TRS with a little thought, a saw, drill, welder and some DOM pipe. Easy man

7B0D1164-DE83-4A94-9E23-76AD950C3494.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GSX-Sam said:

I'll take it!

It's one of these guys I believe. I've used it like 2 times. My friends have used it maybe 2-3 times. Make me an offer.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/ramps/1200-lb-capacity-convertible-aluminum-loading-ramp-94057.html

45 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

It's one of these guys I believe. I've used it like 2 times. My friends have used it maybe 2-3 times. Make me an offer.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/ramps/1200-lb-capacity-convertible-aluminum-loading-ramp-94057.html

Twenny dorra

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Exact ramp i use with my HF trailer. It's great build quality and i ride the bike right up it since it's wide enough to put your feet down. Once in the trailer i put the TRS down and slide right into place. 

I’ve hauled multiple bikes on a trailer with no choke or anything other than ratchet straps. Put the bike in gear and 4 straps, good to go. I did recently pick up a canyon dancer. Makes it a little nicer than looping around the lower triple and the fork. 

gL0lcc6.jpg

For a ramp I have a couple 2x8 or 10s with that slotted L channel on the ends that are 6ft long. I place the boards side by side and walk next to the bike with it idling and just using the clutch to help so I don’t have to push it up. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2018 at 8:13 AM, TimTheAzn said:

I still have a Baxley that I can't bring myself to get rid of. Definitely going to be using it for the new bike until I decide to buy a trs for that bike.

I always wanted a TRS but didn't see the need since I had that Baxley. The Baxley was just the fuckin best

16 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

I always wanted a TRS but didn't see the need since I had that Baxley. The Baxley was just the fuckin best

If you put your bike on a trailer as much as I do, its worth its weight in gold. Actually going to pick up another trs system tonight after work.

Edited by TimTheAzn

The best thing about the trs is spacial efficiency. 

I swear you could fit 3 bikes on a 4x8 with the trs, and it really wouldn’t be that hard. 

The ‘air space’ straps take up gets in the way of stuff.  I have a steel beam across the front of my trailer that i use to widen the tie-down points for straps. That is unnecessary when using the trs. 

Its even more useful inside an enclosed trailer, if you’re trying to walk through. Bikes can be transported damn-near touching the trailer wall. 

Edited by redkow97
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

The best thing about the trs is spacial efficiency. 

I swear you could fit 3 bikes on a 4x8 with the trs, and it really wouldn’t be that hard. 

The ‘air space’ straps take up gets in the way of stuff.  I have a steel beam across the front of my trailer that i use to widen the tie-down points for straps. That is unnecessary when using the trs. 

Its even more useful inside an enclosed trailer, if you’re trying to walk through. Bikes can be transported damn-near touching the trailer wall. 

Yup it’s a beautiful sight.

1C71A0C2-9898-4E7C-9325-343B3A9C1A51.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I guess it takes a lot more to shift weight in a rig that large. 

I can empty my cooler and end up having to slide other stuff forward on the trailer to compensate for the water i drink and the ice i dumped before packing up!

side note: a “ladder” style aluminum ramp, properly ratchet strapped to the side supports of an open trailer makes an excellent modular “e-track” substitute. Really allows for said weight shift without compromising how well things are strapped down. 

TRS came today. Trailer is just a hair too short to have the arm trailing the axle (the easy way) so I have to set it up with the arm leading the axle. And I have to floor my trailer now because the angle irons aren't wide enough to take both bolts, hitched up the trailer and bought a 4x8 of plywood. Trailer is 4x7. Measured and marked for my cut, then the rain started. Got it cut and dropped in and started drilling for carriage bolts and it really started coming down. Also the bolts I bought aren't quite long enough. So I'm wet, need to go back to homeless despot and the job is far from finished. Time for a beer.