Class 1 hitch ok to tow bike and trailer?

Gixxus Christ!

50 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Then just trade your car in for a truck like any male with facial hair should have anyway and all problems solved 

Says the guy who drinks bud light and colorful fru fru drinks. 😂😂

45 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Says the guy who drinks bud light and colorful fru fru drinks. 😂😂

You ever see the pussy he gets? You get a once a year gay garage bang. I'm drinking what he is drinking.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You ever see the pussy he gets? You get a once a year gay garage bang. I'm drinking what he is drinking.

You only get invited to one gangbang a year, but yeah, that's totally the only one....

27 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Those fruit drinks have tequila. The ladies love that shit. My methods are solid

If you have to mix your tequila to drink it, its shit. 

CSC,

I recently upgraded to an enclosed trailer.  I'd be willing to give you my old trailer if it means it'll get you to the track.  Storage will still be your issue though.  You'll need to invest in a wheel chock since it doesn't have sides.  The tires are 15", so better for highway, but you'll need to put new tires on her at some point as they are starting to dry rot.  Trailer weighs about 200lbs so your car could pull it no problem.  Trailered 2 bikes on it quite a bit with no issues.   Otherwise, I'd recommend the uhaul option for as little as you'll probably need it.  I think u-haul motorcycle trailers are like $15 for the day. 

36543875_2118658964828097_8328702058148397056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d2705d1cabdf876f780c4f5dce6a3524&oe=5BE1C96B

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

CSC,

I recently upgraded to an enclosed trailer.  I'd be willing to give you my old trailer if it means it'll get you to the track.  Storage will still be your issue though.  You'll need to invest in a wheel chock since it doesn't have sides.  The tires are 15", so better for highway, but you'll need to put new tires on her at some point as they are starting to dry rot.  Trailer weighs about 200lbs so your car could pull it no problem.  Trailered 2 bikes on it quite a bit with no issues.   Otherwise, I'd recommend the uhaul option for as little as you'll probably need it.  I think u-haul motorcycle trailers are like $15 for the day. 

36543875_2118658964828097_8328702058148397056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d2705d1cabdf876f780c4f5dce6a3524&oe=5BE1C96B

That's incredibly generous derek. How long are you willing to hold onto it? I don't even have a hitch yet. 

1 minute ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

That's incredibly generous derek. How long are you willing to hold onto it? I don't even have a hitch yet. 

I've honestly got it posted on Facebook marketplace at the moment.  If you are interested in having it, I'll take it down.  I just need to get a new home for it cause I don't really have room for 2 trailers at my apartment complex.  

Gotcha. I don't have room for one atm. Would need to make room somehow and then get it to my house somehow unless I get a hitch on my Subaru relatively soon. Leave it up, if it sells, it sells. It's not gonna hurt me to drop a few hundred on a small trailer. 

3 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Gotcha. I don't have room for one atm. Would need to make room somehow and then get it to my house somehow unless I get a hitch on my Subaru relatively soon. Leave it up, if it sells, it sells. It's not gonna hurt me to drop a few hundred on a small trailer. 

It is a good trailer, and did not give me the impression of being too heavy. Bet you could rig up something and stand it on end against your garage.

46 minutes ago, Tonik said:

It is a good trailer, and did not give me the impression of being too heavy. Bet you could rig up something and stand it on end against your garage.

The issue being which side of the garage. The side towards the house is out, as it is the dog shit-free path from the driveway to the house. The other side is a solid candidate but there is a utility pole in the way. The back of the garage abuts the neighbors driveway, and they may be amenable to me leaning it there provided it doesn't obstruct their drive. 

On 7/3/2018 at 10:19 AM, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Not trying to pinch pennies, more of a storage space issue than anything.

Tons of small trailers on craigslist for less than $600. Maybe after a track day or two I'll revisit the idea....still need to keep the damn thing somewhere. Would make it a lot easier to get my bikes to and from my dad's pole barn, just back the trailer in and leave the whole thing there for the winter.... 

How far is your dad's pole barn from you. If he has the room and is willing to let you store the trailer there in the winter why not during the summer as well? If you're only using it a couple times a year it shouldn't be an issue to go pick it up. 

10 hours ago, cOoTeR said:

How far is your dad's pole barn from you. If he has the room and is willing to let you store the trailer there in the winter why not during the summer as well? If you're only using it a couple times a year it shouldn't be an issue to go pick it up. 

About an hour each way. Probably more hauling a trailer. 

Edited title rather than start new thread. 

Only hitch available for my car that I can find is a class I, 200 lb tongue weight, 2000 lb tow capacity. Would this be appropriate for hauling a sport bike and trailer? Anyone have experience here? People aren't lining up to give me a lift to the track so.....

That would be fine. 

I tow my trailer behind a corolla. It’s rated to tow 1500 lbs., but my trailer maxes out at 1100 lbs., so i’ll never push it. 

When i tow, i try to keep the trunk empty and load my tools and gear in the front seat or on the floor of the back. Distributing weight btwn all 4 tires is better than hanging more over the bumper. 

Thst said, DO NOT let your tongue have less than 100ish lbs. of pressure on it.  I’m sure i don’t need to post the video of the trailer throwing the tow vehicle all over the treadmill....

Mine is the HF folding 4x8 btw. 12” wheel model. 

Towed it to GA and back without issue. Tried to stay slow, but got super bored after 10/14 hours and did 75+ thereafter. 

I need new tires. Bearings are packed every year, or before any long trip. I did have a suspension hanger bracket crack on me. Replaced both for $70 or something... i also ran over a deer carcass at highway speeds with 2 XR100’s on the trailer. Guessing that caused it, but it’s hard to say. 

22 minutes ago, GSX-Sam said:

Edited title rather than start new thread. 

Only hitch available for my car that I can find is a class I, 200 lb tongue weight, 2000 lb tow capacity. Would this be appropriate for hauling a sport bike and trailer? Anyone have experience here? People aren't lining up to give me a lift to the track so.....

I was towing 2 bikes on a open trailer with my g35 coupe so I think you'd be fine. Stop being a sissy and just do it. 

• Beer 1

Looking at the class I that fits your car vs the class II that is on my wifes car I think the one for your car looks stouter with better mounting tabs.  Not sure where they get the ratings for these but the class II on our impala I'd never push past the class I limits. But yea the one im seeing for your subaru i  think will work fine for what you want. I would just make sure of the tougue weight for your trailer and adjust the load accordingly. I hauled my TL and her Shadow down to deals gap once with our old impala and at first the wight on the tongue was too much so i slid my TL back about foot(more weight behind the axle) and it made it about perfect.