2019 deals gap dates

rawlins87

7 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Having a Grom to play among them has to be as much fun as you can have on two wheels, you should really enjoy that.

I would suggest that if there is a group going down to avoid being there at the same time though. Those little fuckers are everywhere and they travel in packs clogging up the road. Not that big of a deal if you venture out away from the Gap but a royal pain in the ass on the gap. Those slow little shits are fine to pass when there are only two or three of them but mob mentality turns them into big assholes in a pack.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, max power said:

So are we looking/taking suggestions for a different place to stay this time?

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Oh yes please do. I think @Casper is close to the edge. Let's push him over.

Think it's more like (suggest, plan and book).  If you want it to happen. 

23 hours ago, what said:

It looks like the mini weekend will be the 8th/9th. I'll probably head down that Wednesday though... maybe Tuesday if I can swing it. This should have no bearing on the OR meetup though, this is my own thing. 

Mini’s need to find a new forum and stop junking our thread!😜

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

That fancy 1K should be able to keep up with anyone I can think of and especially now that a lot of the older guys have moved on to comfortable instead of fast bikes. If you are in the low 40 and Mid-Ohio you can keep pace with any street ride.

That bike's forever home is the track now :p The Grom is my only street legal bike, which tops out at 61 going downhill. I did this mainly to keep myself out of trouble since the only adrenaline rush I get any more requires rubbing hard parts together at full lean. I'll leave that open to everyone's own interpretation. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

Having a Grom to play among them has to be as much fun as you can have on two wheels, you should really enjoy that.

I would suggest that if there is a group going down to avoid being there at the same time though. Those little fuckers are everywhere and they travel in packs clogging up the road. Not that big of a deal if you venture out away from the Gap but a royal pain in the ass on the gap. Those slow little shits are fine to pass when there are only two or three of them but mob mentality turns them into big assholes in a pack.

We were down there on the same weekend as them for 1 or 2 trips. The majority of the people on the minis don't spend much time actually riding, they go dick around in gatlinburg or pigeon forge and keep the cops busy. They schedule a ride to the dragon with like 1,000 minis which I like to sit and watch... because that is for sure a cluster. I'll have been racing the grom for 2 months leading up to the gap so I should be able to scoot through 99% of the people there no problem. There were 1 or 2 fast guys there last time but that was about it. Everyone else was wearing elmo and cookie monster helmet masks and taking selfies of themselves riding like dickheads. If you want clean passes through the gap though, it's probably best not to schedule on top of the hooligan mini crowd's event. Room rates will probably be higher and overall harder to find that weekend as well because of the amount of people. 

Edited by what

I am not volunteering to organize anything.

I usually stay in Robbinsville, NC at Phillips Motel. It's a crappy place in the middle of town but it's cheap. You can walk to a Mexican restaurant, McDonalds and Wendys. It's close to the Cherohala Skyway and 17 miles from the Gap store. Back in the day the Busa Bash used to rent the whole place out. It has a new owner now so the prices have gone up.

• Upvote 2

On 12/15/2018 at 3:11 PM, Casper said:

Seems to be some confusion. I’m really not planning a big Gap trip this year. Anyone is welcome to take the reigns and get something planned. 

Did I miss something? You are serious? 

3 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Did I miss something? You are serious? 

I’m serious unfortunately. Jim is picking up the slack. Between work, family, and something else I’m working on I just don’t have time. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

I’m serious unfortunately. Jim is picking up the slack. Between work, family, and something else I’m working on I just don’t have time. 

That doesn’t sound that Multi is going to be getting much use.