2019 deals gap dates

rawlins87

9 hours ago, max power said:

So you coming this year?  I’ll bring both bikes if so.  

Way to far out for me to commit. But I would enjoy a weekend with both bikes down at the gap.

Think I've said in a previous post it doesn't matter when or where to me. But to guarantee the week off of work I probably need to know by Jan. 1. That's when I need to submit my first choice vacation request. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Would be awesome to repeat the ride South with a meetup again, but if the way I feel right now is any indication, I'll be gone by June

You doing another long way down again or making a beeline for the boarder this time?

8 hours ago, Danimal said:

beeline all the way to Panama.

Will slow down once in Columbia

Lots of maybes, ifs and buts. But, if you plan on paved roads, and I can manage the time off and the stars align perfectly I'd be honored to join you till at least the border maybe a day beyond. No promises but we will see. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, max power said:

Let me know.  I have a trailer that will haul 4 bikes easy

Will do. I do enjoy our ADV rides we have been doing and I am sure it's a great time with O.R. at the Gap

Each year I have the March Moto Madness March 28-31 Tellico Plains, TN and V-Strom East Gathering May 16-19 Iron Horse Lodge, TN

If one one those events rain out I am sure I could make the June time frame. I just hope I can hang with you all.

I am growing old.

46066878241_ca35d39f2d_z.jpgOld Mac by

I

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Planning on getting another supermoto and going for the crawl. Already seeing some of the new Huskvarnas showing up used for sale 

You going to the official one at Barber or the unofficial one yet to be scheduled? 

3 hours ago, rawlins87 said:

The unofficial one is already scheduled first week on June.  No ones going to barber lol

Yeah I dont know wtf man in the box was thinking, unless there was a legal reason for the move. 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Anyone want to take over the scheduling of this? 

It will be the weekend your daughter is having her birthday so you won't be there which will make most of us very happy.

Ok, all set. Mods, lock this thread.

• Haha 1

It looks like the mini weekend will be the 8th/9th. I'll probably head down that Wednesday though... maybe Tuesday if I can swing it. This should have no bearing on the OR meetup though, this is my own thing. 

Edited by what

8 hours ago, Casper said:

Anyone want to take over the scheduling of this? 

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

Cool. Get it planned. Thanks for volunteering. 

As you can see, you asked someone to schedule it. I did so, my work is done. HTH.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

What is this mini rally?

Groms, Z's, other random small bore bikes and little 2 strokes. There's an event that's been run the last few years by a company called MNNTHBX called The Smokey Mountain Crawl, but they decided to move it to Barber this year and people are rebelling. Since the only street legal bike I will have is the grom, I'm planning on going down and having some fun on the tiny bike. 

Having a Grom to play among them has to be as much fun as you can have on two wheels, you should really enjoy that.

I would suggest that if there is a group going down to avoid being there at the same time though. Those little fuckers are everywhere and they travel in packs clogging up the road. Not that big of a deal if you venture out away from the Gap but a royal pain in the ass on the gap. Those slow little shits are fine to pass when there are only two or three of them but mob mentality turns them into big assholes in a pack.

• Upvote 1