SpecialEd

SpecialEd

Hi, all--

I'm a newbie rider eagerly awaiting the completion of my vintage 1970 CT70HK0 Honda restomod project which, by the way, is costing me fairly big dollars: new, larger 110cc Honda Nice engine, oil-damped triple tree with inverted forks and disc brakes, "real" rear shocks, 12-volt CDI, LED lighting, 65+ mph capability, and much more. Any of you who have memories of the CT70 during your high school years will understand my love for this bike! Back in the day, I could never afford one, but now it's my turn . . .

This build has been in the works for two years, and is slated to be done within a couple of weeks; I am more than ready to take a rider course and hit the streets!

I am a high school English teacher, and am eager to participate in this forum. Are there any other CT70 street riders out there in our home state?

40 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I am a high school English teacher, and am eager to participate in this forum. Are there any other CT70 street riders out there in our home state?

Welcome! And i'm going to go ahead a apologize for my grammar and spelling typos now. :D 

Will post photos once the bike is finished. I have an expert CT builder in Detroit doing the job. This project is supposed to be completed in July. For those of you who care, here is a photo of what it will look like. The pictured bike is a finished product from the same guy who's building mine. My CT will be Victory red with lots of shiny metal componentry.

DSC03976.JPG

Welcome ED, of you own volition you have come to the OR. Please take everything posted on the OR with a grain of salt, the size of Mount Everest. Nice CT 70!