Fuel hookup problems

Jesse

Can some one help me,I've never worked on older motorcycles and I'm having trouble hooking up fuel lines to the carbs because I don't know what goes where,the first picture is of a hose going into the carb but it wasn't attached to anything on the other end the second picture is of what I think is where a fuel line goes but the it had a rubber plug over it,the third picture is of the petcock or the fuel valve,can someone tell me how to hookup the fuel lines,we can do it over the phone or I can send more pictures or just talk on the forums,that would be greatly appreciated

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From what I can see from your pics, you've got a twin cylinder with dual CV carbs.  It also appears that your fuel petcock is vacuum operated, not manual.  So, there should be a vacuum line that comes from somewhere on the intake manifold, which I believe is the tube you've got your fingers on in Pic#1 and #2.  This vacuum hose is what operates the CV carb diaphragm(s) in the top of the carbs.  There may be one hose (if there is a common rail vacuum for the dual carb set-up, or there may be an identical vacuum line on the second carb which should be joined and routed to a single vacuum source on the intake side of the engine.  The fuel line is the one in Pic#2 at the far left (just left of the throttle cable) that feeds the central common rail gas feed to each carb, and this should be attached to the petcock feed.  There will also be a small diameter vacuum hose that attaches to the small petcock nipple to operate the vacuum diaphragm.  This also typically comes off the intake boots somewhere.

Without any more info or clearer pics of the carbs and intake boots, I'm just guessing...

Edited by Bubba

OK, we’re going to need some basic information here. What year and model is the bike?

Pull the carbs out and take detailed pictures from all angles and give us a picture of the other side of the petcock. 

Then we will attempt some guesses.